Why so much titan attachments hate?

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #1  

man00

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota
Depending on the forum you go to there seems to be a some difference in opinions with them. I started to buy from them but decided to wait and read up some more first. I guess it depends on what you buy from them too..I don't know?? I bought from Ken's Bolts on Hooks and BXpanded with great results and haven't seem much if any poster saying anything bad about either of those. So it does make you wonder about titan a little.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #3  
My forks and grapple have been great.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #4  
They, in the past at least, have been a sloppy fit on the SSQA and have required shimming at the lower pin slots. In some cases if this is not done the attachment escapes the pin on one side and will damage the SSQA if not caught pretty quick - that is before any backdrag type of force is applied with the implement.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #5  
We bought a tree puller from them and it works great so far.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #6  
I bought a set of forks from them, the fit was sloppy but the resolution was great. I was very pleased and would deal with them again if the need arose.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #7  
They, in the past at least, have been a sloppy fit on the SSQA and have required shimming at the lower pin slots.
I bought four SSQA attachment plates from them a fews years back, along with the "roll-your-own" parts to build the tractor side SSQA.

As per usual, it has taken me some time to get around to completing all the projects (build tractor side SSQA, convert regular bucket to SSQA, convert pallet forks to SSQA, build SSQA shrub bucket, build SSQA root rake/grapple)

In some cases if this is not done the attachment escapes the pin on one side and will damage the SSQA if not caught pretty quick - that is before any backdrag type of force is applied with the implement.
I discovered the issue when I got the root rake/grapple completed and went to use it.

On several occasions, I've had one side of the grapple come detached ... with damage to the tractor SSQA.

On closer investigation, there appears to be a significant gap (>1/4" - 3/8") on the left side on at least two of my plates (regular bucket and root rake/grapple)

I have not examined the other two ... but I suspect that there will be a similar defect on those as well.

Also, on the parts for the "roll-your-own" tractor side SSQA, the tubes - or at least one of them (right side) - that the retaining pins slide in, are too short ... allowing the pin(s) to cock themselves in a mis-alignment when trying to lock them in ... necessitating reaching down with my other hand and futzing around with the pin to allow it to slide in.

Hopefully they have instituted better quality control measures at this point.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #8  
I have a Tomahawk grapple, I think it's the same as the Titan. It's a decent piece for the money and I would buy it over again.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #9  
most of what they are selling is Chinese imports. As a dealer, your inbox gets PACKED with emails from the factories that build that stuff wanting you to import. We did two containers a few years ago, the quality was really inconsistent. We had 50-60 sets of pallet forks where the SSQA was so far off they all needed reworked. We've not ordered any of that stuff since.

/ Why so much titan attachments hate? #10  
I don't know if they still do, but at one time they sold some of their stuff on e-bay at auction (not the Buy it now deal) and we bought a one of the SSQA combo 36" pallet forks and bale spear.

We never intended to use the spear on the FEL (not on this tractor anyway) but the price was good for just the forks and we are going to (one day) make a 3pt frame to stick the spear in.

I haven't seen ant fit issues on the SSQA plate of our unit and after about a year now it's served us well. My only complaint (and having nothing to compare it to) is that I don't feel like I have enough roll back at the low end of the lift range. It would have been nicer if the SSQA portion was tilted in the fork frame slightly instead of being square.