Comparison Which to buy>>>Old Kubota L3750HDT Vs newer L3200HST

/ Which to buy>>>Old Kubota L3750HDT Vs newer L3200HST #1  

DHwalker

Tractor
none
I am trying to decide between tractors. One is older....and dealer just serviced it to tune of $5000.... new clutch and axle seals and a bunch more the good thing is he is sticking to his price of $15,900. It has about 2000 hours.
OR I could spend $16,900 for a 2013 L3200 about 300 hours
Both have a loader
I raise grass hay and harvest it every year.....and when the grass is thick I have to rent a disc or drum mower. Do I have the bigger tractor....or is the newer one better.
I have always thought I wanted more HP.
45 HP vs 32 HP

/ Which to buy>>>Old Kubota L3750HDT Vs newer L3200HST #2  
I think for 16k, you could find a good deal on numerous different tractors. Given those 2 options, ... I think I would go with the L3200. Personally, I would keep looking.

/ Which to buy>>>Old Kubota L3750HDT Vs newer L3200HST #3  
I went with older, more power.

If the engine is fine (and on larger tractors 2,000 hours is not that much) I can fix or get fixed most other things, but I can't easily fix horsepower, HST versus gear, or 4WD vs 2WD.

But what's the condition of hoses and tires?

/ Which to buy>>>Old Kubota L3750HDT Vs newer L3200HST
I went with older, more power.

If the engine is fine (and on larger tractors 2,000 hours is not that much) I can fix or get fixed most other things, but I can't easily fix horsepower, HST versus gear, or 4WD vs 2WD.

But what's the condition of hoses and tires?

Thx for asking...hoses are all good...sun cracked but good. Plenty of tread on all four.

So.the 3200 only has 32 hp vs 45...but do you think the newer engine has equal torque? I would like to keep looking but I need to start haying

Oh yes the older on is 4WD..manual with HST I think....engine in great condition.

/ Which to buy>>>Old Kubota L3750HDT Vs newer L3200HST #7  
tractordata.com LINKS (2)

L3750: TractorData.com Kubota L3750 tractor information

L3200 TractorData.com Kubota L3200tractor information

L3750 bare tractor is around 3,700 pounds. L3200 bare tractor is around 2,500 pounds.

Weight is as important as horsepower.

Whenever I see a post from Colorado, I wonder WHAT ALTITUDE?

If you are over 5,000 feet that L3200 with age and altitude may only be generating 26 or 27-horsepower (???). More power margin with the L3750.

If you are over 7,000 feet look for a tractor with a turbocharged engine.

((Google says Ignacio, CO is at 6,500 feet altitude.))

For me, an important issue with older tractors is inside vs outside storage.

Outside stored there is too much opportunity for rodents to chew the wiring.

Last edited:
So do you mean to say weight is a good thing.....or not a good thing???

The truth is I am leaning towards the bigger tractor.....because there are times the grass gets hard to cut....but I was not sure if that was a tractor problem or the type of mower used. Drum vs Disc.

/ Which to buy>>>Old Kubota L3750HDT Vs newer L3200HST #10  
So do you mean to say weight is a good thing.....or not a good thing???

Weight is DEFINITELY a GOOD ATTRIBUTE.

Until you have operated a light tractor and heavy tractor with around the same horsepower but diverse weights, it is hard to comprehend how important tractor weight is. Not only does weight help traction, the weight is all thicker steel/strength in the chassis. Heavier engine flywheel provides more inertia to the PTO.