Newbie learned a couple of things. Now I think I want to buy a machine

/ Newbie learned a couple of things. Now I think I want to buy a machine #11  
Hi thanks for your imput. Just in the pictures I like the ls xj2025h a lot! It looks just about right size and power for me. I would love to hear your comparison to the Kubota. I assume the price difference is apples and oranges because the Kubota has the Backhoe? Also on some of the threads here some mentioned there could be some advantage to the kubota bx line over the B line because BX may have a lower center of gravity and the ability to put wheel spacers on so it would push the wheels out farther and make it more stable on the slope. Others thought that the B series was just as good on a slope as the BX line if you filed the wheels with oil or beet juice of all things. That may be something to ask about while you are out today.

After driving the XJ 2025H, I went ahead put a down payment on one with FEL, Backhoe and 3rd function remote for grapple :). The total price for the unit was $20,330.00. The dealer is going to fill the rear tires with antifreeze& water. I plan on checking on the spacers and warranty question with the dealer as I would like to add them to the tractor. They are going to order one with the backhoe installed from the factory, so it will be about 2 weeks before they can deliver. I was able to test the backhoe on a GX3025 as they did not have one installed on a XJ2025H.

The best price I had gotten on the Kubota 2301 with the same options was $23,975.00.

I am pretty stoke with getting the new tractor. I tried to upload the excel file with the comparisons between the various tractors I was considering, but the forum does not allow uploading of excel file format. If you Pm me your email address I will send it to you.

Also I see your in your Eureka, MO. I'm orginally from the STL & St. Peters area. Go Cards!!

/ Newbie learned a couple of things. Now I think I want to buy a machine
Plas62 that is outstanding information for me! Thanks. I think there is now a 75% chance or better I will follow in your exact footsteps. I tried to upload a link yesterday and it said you have to have 5 posts before they let you include a link. You might have run into that. Almost 4k difference is a lot in my mind. Is that a cash deal for the dealer? Is there a benefit to having the unit installed at the factory?

/ Newbie learned a couple of things. Now I think I want to buy a machine #13  
Yes it is a cash deal.

I think the benefit is to the dealer to help him keep costs down as if they would have just ordered the backhoe and installed it on the tractor they had on the lot they would have additional labor in it.

This was fine with me as the lead time was the same and I will be getting a new tractor with zero/minimal hours on it and not the one on the lot that other people have test drove. I think the one I test drove had 4 hours on it.

This will be my fifth post. I try posting the file again after this and see if it will let me.

/ Newbie learned a couple of things. Now I think I want to buy a machine #14  
It would not let me. The error message I got was "Invalid File".

A lot of sites won't let you upload excel files as they can contain macro's which someone could use to sneak a virus on to the site

Would you say the LS and the Kubota were comparable overall. Just curious about your impression. 4k is a lot of money.

/ Newbie learned a couple of things. Now I think I want to buy a machine #16  
You didn't mention Kioti... if you have a chance look at those, too. XJ2025 was on my list. Kioti and LS appeared to be 'best values'. Hard to compare to TYM and Yanmar, no close enough dealers. I chose Kioti on ergonomics, value and dealer.

Beet juice (Rim Guard) for filling the tires is both great and a bit expensive, if you can get it. Totally non-toxic so no worries if punctures and leaks. Antifreeze is also good if you use the right type.

You didn't mention Kioti... if you have a chance look at those, too. XJ2025 was on my list. Kioti and LS appeared to be 'best values'. Hard to compare to TYM and Yanmar, no close enough dealers. I chose Kioti on ergonomics, value and dealer.

Beet juice (Rim Guard) for filling the tires is both great and a bit expensive, if you can get it. Totally non-toxic so no worries if punctures and leaks. Antifreeze is also good if you use the right type.

You are right there is even a sale running on the backhoe right now. What model would you say is an apples to apples comparison to the Kubota b2650 and the ls xj2025H

/ Newbie learned a couple of things. Now I think I want to buy a machine #18  
What model would you say is an apples to apples comparison to the Kubota b2650 and the ls xj2025H
I hate to admit it, but they changed all the model numbering since I bought my CK27 and I just don't know the answer anymore.

/ Newbie learned a couple of things. Now I think I want to buy a machine #19  
I looked at the previous generation LS that was replaced by the XJ2025H - I think it was a J2023 if I remember correctly. It was a really nice little tractor, and it would be in my garage right now (instead of my BX2660) if I had room for it. I had a very limited space that the tractor had to fit into, and the LS was just a little too large, so I wound up with the BX2660.

/ Newbie learned a couple of things. Now I think I want to buy a machine #20  
You are right there is even a sale running on the backhoe right now. What model would you say is an apples to apples comparison to the Kubota b2650 and the ls xj2025H

It's probably the CK2610HST. They have both the CK2510 and the 2610. The 2610 has a 3 range transmission while the 2510 has a 2 range. They both have the same gross HP, but the 2610 has a couple more PTO HP, and is about 400 - 500 pounds heavier.