Buying Advice Backhoe thumb and ripper

/ Backhoe thumb and ripper #1  

isenbed

Tractor
Mahindra 26xl, Kubota BX2660, New Holland TZ24DA
I would like to get a thumb and ripper for my Mahindra Max26xl backhoe. There are several aftermarket manufacturers but none list dimensions or list Mahindra. Mine is made by Ameriquip with 1" pins, pins are spaced 5 1/2" apart, and 5 3/8" between mounting lugs. Bro-trek makes rippers and thumbs for John Deere and Kioti backhoes which are also made by Ameriquip so I assume one will fit, I just have to cross-reference the models. Any help would be much appreciated.

/ Backhoe thumb and ripper #2  
Look at Michigan Iron and Equipment, they custom build them per your measurements.

/ Backhoe thumb and ripper #3  
I'd call the guy at Bro-Tek and give him the dimensions and he might be able to cross-reference it to one he makes for another tractor. I forget his name, but he was pretty accessible by phone when I bought my ripper tooth for my BX23.

/ Backhoe thumb and ripper
That Michigan Iron and Equipment ripper is pretty sweet, maybe a touch overbuilt for a little tractor backhoe. I'll give Bro-tek a call on Monday if I make it through today without making one myself. I have a never used subsoiler sitting in the corner that could be modified without too much work. I was a little shocked at the cost of new rippers. Thanks for the suggestions.

/ Backhoe thumb and ripper #5  
Also check out Bxpanded website. They make a ripper and even better a Q/A for BH. I have a Michigan Iron ripper and bought a Q/A from Bxpanded (along with a Pirahna toothbar which is excellent).

I believe Harry, owner of bxpanded, also will work with you on adapting his products to other size/brands in addition to Kubota.

/ Backhoe thumb and ripper #6  
I thought my Hound Dog ripper was a bit pricey ... until I used it. Kinda doubt that shortcuts to save a few bucks would satisfy in the long run. Being fitted to a popular machine (Terramite T5C) it'd have resale value after wearing out or re-selling my mini-BH. Go strong if you're going long. I've never regretted paying for a quality too. t o g
i-zPM55mm-M.jpg

/ Backhoe thumb and ripper
That is stout for sure, looks like the stick would break before the ripper! I started building one today, if it doesn't turn out I will break down and pay up for a nice one. My first tractor was an old Terramite model 1. It was a great machine, I wish I had kept it and restored it.