Buying Advice John Deere Tractor 4430

/ John Deere Tractor 4430 #21  
bdog - you are right with the 4440 - they were a great tractor for their time and I am not a green paint lover. I have mentioned it before on this site my nephews are still on the farm and they have a 4450 that they overhauled the engine on at 22,000 hours. they also put a cab kit in it and a few other things totalling $28k which may seem crazy for that old of tractor but they still use it every day and it is cheap horsepower. It has over 24,000 hours on it now.

/ John Deere Tractor 4430 #22  
bdog, I don't know what part of the state you're in, but in the mostly metropolitan areas like DFW any implements sized for a tractor like the 4430 apparently are gold plated. At least it seems that way based on the asking prices I see.

But I grew up in southwestern Oklahoma in a small rural farming community, and I know what you're talking about. The smaller implements that were parked when tractors started getting bigger were usually just ignored and left to rust, and a guy could buy them pretty cheap. When my dad died, we sold off all of his old farm equipment. It went for pennies on the dollar. It ain't that way around here where I live now.

In a big city you may be right - I don't know. I am in the panhandle in the middle of farm country. I can't drive anywhere without seeing older implements just sitting. I have seen decent sized discs and chisel plows go for $500-$1000 at farm sales - 10-14' stuff