Mid-80s Case International

/ Mid-80s Case International #1  

mvoght

Bronze Member
I sold the Mitsubishi and have looked at a Case that a local person has for sale. The Kubota salesman took me over to see it. It looks to be in good condition and has 2100 hours (give or take 50, I forgot the exact reading). It is diesel and a little bit bigger than I was looking for, it is around 60 HP and 50 HP on the PTO. It will run anything I'll need in the future and has a really nice loader on it.

Is $10K a good price for a tractor of this age and hours? I am ready to go buy it, but wanted to do a quick check in here with you guys.

Thanks,

Mel

/ Mid-80s Case International #2  
Is it a 585? If so good solid tractors,do like to eat clutches though when used as a loader tractor. Price sounds in the ballpark. Does the condition reflect the hours?

/ Mid-80s Case International
I'll have to ask on the model number.

I'm to go see it again tomorrow.

It looks like it is in good condition to me. Mostly stored in a shed, so not rusty, and the current owners have all the paperwork. They are selling it to buy a smaller, 4WD Kubota (they have a pretty substantial hill) and I think he wants a backhoe. The Kubota dealership is (or was) also a Case dealer (it is still on their receipt letterhead). They've done all the service on the tractor over the years.

On Machinefinder.com there weren't many 2100 hour tractors listed. Most were in the 4000-7000 hour range...and more expensive.

Mel

Cool Link!

After reviewing other machines on the other sites, I'm pretty sure it is a good deal. It is in great condition compared to the ohter $10K tractors with pictures on the two websites I checked.

Now, after looking at that link, I see that there is no 585 model for Case, so perhaps it has some other number...or was that an International number?

The grass is growing...and fast, and I need to get a mower and start mowing that 14.75 acres.

Before the weeds get started.

Mel

Woodbeef,

It *is* a 585. But that website with tractor pricing doesn't show a Case model 585. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Oh well. I bought it. They'll bring it over to me this weekend.

Looking at all the websites, seeing pictures and looking at prices with the hours, and a loader, it looks like a good deal.

Mel