Grasshopper vs Bad Boy

/ Grasshopper vs Bad Boy #1  

orangeblue

Tractor
cub cadet
Hello!!
Need some help...
I've pretty much narrowed my mower selection down to two mowers. The Bad Boy Maverick and the Grasshopper 126v. The bad boy comes with a Kohler Confidant 747 or for $500 more a Kaw FS730. The Grasshopper only comes with a 810cc B&S commercial motor. I really like the features on the Bad Boy, the independent suspension, the seat, the simple design, and the electric deck. I'm a little Leary of the Bad Boy name and reliability compared to the Grasshopper. Any thought or opinions are appreciated! They are both within 1K in price and both 60" mowers.

/ Grasshopper vs Bad Boy #3  
Which dealer would you rather do business with? Which one is easier to get to?

These are important questions for you to consider. The dealer is the reason I drive a John Deere and a Chevy.

/ Grasshopper vs Bad Boy #4  
if independent suspension is important, you might compare with Ferris. have not owned either. bad boy or ferris, like most other successful market zero turns, all have their consumer and commercial models. i would be looking at the higher end models of any manufacturer. my neighbor has had poor luck with consumer level Bad Boy mower including the motorized deck level adj. personally, i like manual on that.
just get the best grade within each manufacturer you can afford.... ferris has the jump start (but not necessarily the corner market) on zero turn suspension. btw grasshopper has an excellent reputation commercially for zero turns, don't know about their suspension options.

/ Grasshopper vs Bad Boy #5  
Hello!!
Need some help...
I've pretty much narrowed my mower selection down to two mowers. The Bad Boy Maverick and the Grasshopper 126v. The bad boy comes with a Kohler Confidant 747 or for $500 more a Kaw FS730. The Grasshopper only comes with a 810cc B&S commercial motor. I really like the features on the Bad Boy, the independent suspension, the seat, the simple design, and the electric deck. I'm a little Leary of the Bad Boy name and reliability compared to the Grasshopper. Any thought or opinions are appreciated! They are both within 1K in price and both 60" mowers.

Bad Boy was designed and made by these guys, then I believe sold off.. Now they have designed and sell the Spartan mower, which is suppose to be improved over the Bad Boy: Spartan Mowers - Zero Turn Mowers made in Batesville, AR

/ Grasshopper vs Bad Boy #6  
I have a 2012 Bad Boy Outlaw with the Kawasaki 31 hp and have had no problems with it. They are built heavy duty as I have mowed some rough areas and it keeps going.

/ Grasshopper vs Bad Boy #7  
Neighbor has the Grasshopper. He likes it. It is a bit slow but cuts well. Never hear a bad word about Grasshopper as a company.

/ Grasshopper vs Bad Boy #8  
   / Grasshopper vs Bad Boy #9  
Which dealer would you rather do business with? Which one is easier to get to? These are important questions for you to consider. The dealer is the reason I drive a John Deere and a Chevy.
I drive a Kubota because I bought a slightly used with 200 hours Kubota Grand L3240 with a HST+ transmission, and a LA724 loader for $16000. I drive a Chevy because I bought a 1500 Silverado 4x4 for $1500.

/ Grasshopper vs Bad Boy #10  
I drive a Kubota because I bought a slightly used with 200 hours Kubota Grand L3240 with a HST+ transmission, and a LA724 loader for $16000. I drive a Chevy because I bought a 1500 Silverado 4x4 for $1500.

The OP is buying a new mower. If he was wanting to buy used, I would have had a different response.