Always inspect

/ Always inspect #1  

AJ197816134

Bronze Member
Tractor
soon to be
I see a lot of guys posting about buying tractors from several hundred miles! Me and the better half almost made this HUGE mistake!
The question is what makes a tractor new old stock or simply well used!
We made a trip 150 miles away to see a LS XR 3135 HC with hoe!
This machine had sat all through last winter was by a highway full of deIcer as things were rusting out badly!

The hoe was 2 model years old very rusty at all the cylinder caps, the machine appeared used! At least the hoe was!

I was told the hoe was a leftover which we were ok with! But not used!

Lesson to all! Always go pre inspect double check and make sure you know what you are getting!
Look for signs of wear and tear and age!
As do as I find how to post some photos I can!

We did however go back to a local dealer got a great price on a next larger machine!
Honestly it was out desire to save money that could have been a horrible mistake!
Learned our lesson never hurts to look but stay local

/ Always inspect #2  
My experience is the exact opposite. I was overseas for an extended period and found a tractor online that was listed for an almost too good to be true price. I did everything through email and Skype and the dealer was extremely helpful and sent pictures of pretty much whatever I requested. The dealer was a little over 800 miles from my stateside home, and helped me arrange reasonably priced transport for the tractor. When it was delivered, my brother and wife went over everything they could visibly check before the driver left and found it to be exactly as advertised.

I know I may be the exception rather than the rule, but I think it comes down to the integrity of the dealership and salesperson more than just a distance from home issue. Unfortunately, I've dealt with shady dealerships (for more things than tractors) close to home so distance isn't my deciding factor. I do agree though about checking it out yourself before purchase. It just happened to be somewhat of an impossibility in my then situation.

/ Always inspect
I do agree closer is not always better but some cases are different! I guess like many say I agree with!
You have to like where you are buying and trusting!
I had asked the dealer for pictures before we got there and I only got 1 general photo so I was curious!
Well glad we checked
Remember to all once you sign any financing paper work THEY HAVE YOU!
Finance companies make it clear that they don't care they have a document and someone to hold accountable and that is US the consumer