Buying Advice Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade?

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #11  
Larry no idea the thread here but a person took a 3 pth box blade and made tow bar to fit the 3 pth on the box blade and built wheels for it. Look at his pictures and then his video of it almost dancing as he built it where it would raise or lower one side. Really neat set up. Depending on the design of your wheels it is not a complicated change. It could be about as simple as cutting the arm for the wheels, welding on metal for the hinge and drilling holes as needed and welding on the lugs for the cylinder. A good welding, mechanic could do that in say 2 hours. I could get it done in two days. kt

Richard, has to make you proud of your purchase, have you offered to do the work for hire? LOL

Yeah, that's "countrybumpkin, friend of ours on the Missouri Roll Call thread. He did a great job.

As for me hiring out,,, I barely get my own project list done. :)

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #12  
Larry, friend of mine modified his to tilt. If I can remember I'll try to get some pics. Your Brother could do the mod easily.

KT, talking about equipment not for sale. I was looking for a 5yd pulltype scraper. Finally found one worth the money and caught the owner when he needed money. In the last two years the owner I bought it from and the owner he bought it from have both tried to buy it back. Both say they wish they hadn't sold it. It now has it's own parking spot in the shed and I'll never sell it. :)

Boy I'd love to find a pull type scraper! Don't ever see them for sale.

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #13  
Boy I'd love to find a pull type scraper! Don't ever see them for sale.

Not that I can afford anyway. I paid $4700. Thought that was plenty til I started using it. "Dirt Cheap". I've hauled hundreds of loads of dirt. Nothing can do what a Scraper can do. :)

20150609_100318.jpg

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #14  
Used to use an 8ft with a JD A. Great for touching up flood irrigated land and roads.

Bruce

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #15  
Not that I can afford anyway. I paid $4700. Thought that was plenty til I started using it. "Dirt Cheap". I've hauled hundreds of loads of dirt. Nothing can do what a Scraper can do. :)

View attachment 476574

That is amazing! What type and size is that? What is the "proper" or common name for these?

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #16  
I have an 8' Durabilt Landscraper. I use it for laser leveling athletic fields. I wish I had the tilt model, but I have been able to do what I need to do with the non-tilt model.

I like it.
Product - Landscraper

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #17  
That is amazing! What type and size is that? What is the "proper" or common name for these?

It's a Midland brand. 5yd. In this size you can find this type or "no front tires type. Tractor carries half the load. That's actually what I was originally looking for. Much better for small ditch filling in fields cause you straddle the ditch. I like this type just fine and learned how to approach ditches and fill them with minimal issues.

These are considered "Clam Shell" Scrapers. They dump by tilting the bucket forward. Doesn't have an ejector gate to push the dirt out the front. Only requires one set of rear remotes. Simple. Effective. Efficient. :)

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade?
Never seen one of those before. Neat. Along this line here the tractor pulled dirt pans using two with one behind the other to replaced the self propelled machines. Forgot the HP tractors they pull them with but think it was 400 something.

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade?
OK now my mind is probably off it's rocker, if you made a front plate hinged from the top of the frame in front of a pull type box blade box with cylinders to raise and lower it, could you pull it to load and then lower the gate to lock the dirt in to haul it?

/ Anyone had expeirence with a pull type box blade? #20  
If you added a horizontal floor for the material to lay on
Then you'd hafta add an ejector gate or a way to dump the box to get it out.