Kioti NX vs Kubota L

/ Kioti NX vs Kubota L #1  

Overtaxed

Tractor
Kioti NX6010, JD 2720 w/46BH, Honda Pioneer 1000
Looking for a 50HP PTO tractor with a FEL to take care of some basic stuff around the house. ~60 acres, most of it wooded, so plenty of mowing/brush hogging work to do. Need the FEL move some dirt around (probably a lot of dirt) to make some plots for gardens and new trees. Going to running a small plow or tiller (not sure which yet) and lots of post holes (none huge, 8-10"). Probably some tree planting as well, where I'll be spinning a huge bit in the digger.

Right now I'm most interested in the NX series Kioti and the L series Kubota. The Kubota, not unexpectedly, is a lot more expensive. Looking at them for features/specs, they are equipped pretty similar. So, that said, am I overlooking something that's not obvious as to why the Kubota is so much more expensive. Stuff like "the cab in the Kioti falls apart after 2 years" is the kind of info I'm looking for, but also spec differences that might not be obvious to someone who grew up on tractors, but hasn't run anything newer than a ~1980 in a very long time.

Must have hydrostat, I'm going to be doing a lot of front/back and powershuttle is out of the question. Also, don't really want to go up the RX because of size, a lot of the trails I'll be keeping clear are pretty small, something like an L or NX is going to be enough trouble getting in there without moving to a full blown utility tractor. Will be lifting some moderately heavy machinery off a truck somewhat frequently (compressors, large table saws, other woodworking gear), but don't expect that to really tax either tractor's lift capability.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

/ Kioti NX vs Kubota L #2  
Your only options in the Kubota would be the L5060, 5460 and L6060. If you absolutely can't dip down below 50pto hp then you're looking at L6060 all the way(53pto hp). Not sure what Kioti offers so others will have to chime in. I will say that the hydro+ in the Kubota might be something to consider in your decision. Some people can't live without it once they've used it.

/ Kioti NX vs Kubota L #3  
I am headed down the LS XR4100 path and would suggest you take a few minutes looking...

/ Kioti NX vs Kubota L
Your only options in the Kubota would be the L5060, 5460 and L6060. If you absolutely can't dip down below 50pto hp then you're looking at L6060 all the way(53pto hp). Not sure what Kioti offers so others will have to chime in. I will say that the hydro+ in the Kubota might be something to consider in your decision. Some people can't live without it once they've used it.

Thanks; and yes, the L6060 is what I'm looking at as an alternative. Sorry for being so green, but what does hydro+ do that standard hydro does not?

/ Kioti NX vs Kubota L #5  
   / Kioti NX vs Kubota L #6  
If you go with the Kioti, you'll be able to buy some implements with the money saved over the Kubota. As far as Kioti quality, I've had mine over two years doing farm type work. Have used the FEL extensively. Not one issue thus far and I would not hesitate to buy another one. However, I think you could buy any brand and be happy.

On a side note; I lived in Gaffney 30+ years ago. Loved it there.

/ Kioti NX vs Kubota L #7  
See if you can have the dealers drop them off for a demo. Try them both out.

Also, things to consider is dealer support. How close are they to you as well.

Have you thought of looking into a used machine? Year or two old and get a huge price break on either of them.

My last tractor I purchased, I had shipped in from New Hamshire.

/ Kioti NX vs Kubota L #8  
I wasn't as impressed with the HST+ as I thought I would be when I test ran a friends at his property. I certainly wasn't impressed enough to pay any extra for it.

As far as Kioti being reliable and not falling apart in a few years. I talked with lots of owners before I purchased and didn't find anyone who was disappointed around here. Having now had mine for a bit over 2 years I will gladly add my name to the list of happy owners with no problems or complaints and I do work my machines hard.

/ Kioti NX vs Kubota L #9  
I too was initially underwhelmed by the HST+ on my L5740HSTC, but time has proven it to be great for me and worth every penny. The downside of course as mentioned is the higher cost. Price wasn't an issue for me as it was kind of a luxury purchase and there are no close Kioti dealerships, my brother had to go out of state for his. I don't think it can be honestly said one brand is better quality than the other, here are models of both brands for which I like and don't like, just going to be a personal choice.

As many will tell you, put as much time in the seat as you can before purchase then go from there. Either way, you'll have a good tractor.

I'd also look at the MX5200-5800 if you're going open station, it's the same size and doesn't have the HST+, much cheaper Kubota with a time proven design.

/ Kioti NX vs Kubota L #10  
In general, I think the only significant difference between the Kubota and Kioti are dealership support - which is location dependent - and resale. A new Kubota bought for 30 grand might depreciate by 8 grand in the same period of time that a new Kioti bought for 25 will depreciate by 10. This is a SWAG for sure, but the point is - the way to get the value from a Kioti (or any tractor) is to run it for decades and hundreds if not thousands of hours. If a sale within 5 years is likely, buy the Kubota. If you'll never sell, get the Kioti. The Kioti will be just as effective. And, I'm a happy Kubota owner.