Trying to decide Kubota BX25 or 1025R

/ Trying to decide Kubota BX25 or 1025R #1  

hurricanoday

Tractor
1025R
I'm sure all the senior members here are tired of these posts, but I really am torn about what to buy. I just bought 5 acres and will be needing to mow, dig trenches for utilities (cable internet 400ft to the road, water line for spigots to the barn and shop will need utilities) Also maintain the driveway and would like to grade the land around the house. Probably would hire the bigger work and finish it up with the subcompact. Also have a lot of fencing to do to get it ready for some animals.

I just got off the phone with john deere 1025r with loader backhoe 20k + taxes fees and any implements. I think I would qualify for the 0% financing.

I was sold on the Kubota BX25 I would get everything out the door including insurance for 20k ( brush hog, thumb, 12 bucket, quick release) and already qualified for the 0% 60 months. After doing some more research I am concerned that the bx would be to small. So the kubota is probably around 3-4 cheaper if not more. Can't believe the resale value on the used on I have been looking for on craigslist

The Mahindra email quote I got for a emax 22 is still more expensive than the Bx25

I will not be doing big big jobs. I have read lots of threads on here, but I just don't know. Any help would be appreciated

/ Trying to decide Kubota BX25 or 1025R #2  
Will you have much use for the backhoe after your trenching is done?

Bruce

/ Trying to decide Kubota BX25 or 1025R #3  
I really liked the BX25 but decided I needed more weight - not more horsepower. I ended up with the Kioti with a 3 speed range HST transmission (vs the BX25's 2 speed). I keep wondering while using it if the BX25 would have been adequate. I decide no, the extra weight means a lot when grading, and the 3-speed seems more useful.

I have 6 acres. And while bcp may have a point for some folks... not to me. I wanted a backhoe, and I got one. Use it much? No. But I would not be without it. When you do need one, there is no substitute. Also makes for great ballast when doing FEL work. :)

/ Trying to decide Kubota BX25 or 1025R #4  
The thing that scared me on the JD 1025 was the aluminum rear housing. I did not like the hydraulics on the Kubota where it had to be above 2,000 rpm to have any.

I went with the Massey GC1710 for the better hydraulic flow and cast iron rear housing.

Backhoes are a must in my book. I have a cat excavator and I still got the model with the backhoe. I wanted something that can get into tight places and easy to transport. I too would not be without one...

/ Trying to decide Kubota BX25 or 1025R #5  
Tough decision indeed, we have a 1025R as well as BX2660 and the size is pretty much the same, if you want bigger go with a B or equivalent in Kioti etc. We went through the whole house setup with me, dad and two brothers. Nothing against a back hoe, we had one at the time and used i for the septic system, but we found using a trencher to be much easier and faster on the water, cable, electric etc.

I really like the BX, but if I had to have only one, I'd go with the 1025R. No vulnerable HST fan and position control 3PH would do it for me.

/ Trying to decide Kubota BX25 or 1025R
I am not sure if I will use the backhoe forever, but I do know the cable company wants 4k to do the job. That isn't including the other trenches I will do in the future, fencing, plants trees and removing stumps. I figure even if I don't use the backhoe (or even the tractor ) I could sell it in the future. I also do just want one haha

Why does everyone care so much that the tractor doesn't function well at idle? Doesn't seem to be a big selling point to me unless I'm missing something with my lack of tractor knowledge. I didn't know people go around doing work at idle.

I like the john deere, but just don't know if it is worth 3-4k more. (or even the other tractors with the price difference)

First thing I need to do is get the field mowed down

Here is a little peak to show how long the grass is getting. Longer now

Attachments

• 13754281_10210810230798846_2099097112900597180_n.jpg
    13754281_10210810230798846_2099097112900597180_n.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 397
Last edited:
   / Trying to decide Kubota BX25 or 1025R #8  
I'm not saying don't buy a back hoe, just that for some jobs a different approach is more efficient.

"I like the john deere, but just don't know if it is worth 3-4k more. (or even the other tractors with the price difference)" That is a judgement call only you can answer.

Personally for the land you have and the picture, my choice would be neither.

/ Trying to decide Kubota BX25 or 1025R #9  
Make sure you understand this: John Deere says you don't own a tractor you buy from them. You are just licensing the use of it.

Finding that out took me from wanting a Deere to being a Kubota owner.

I'm not saying don't buy a back hoe, just that for some jobs a different approach is more efficient.

"I like the john deere, but just don't know if it is worth 3-4k more. (or even the other tractors with the price difference)" That is a judgement call only you can answer.

Personally for the land you have and the picture, my choice would be neither.

I am aware that there are faster and probably better tools. I know that maybe the trench would take me a weekend or 2 vs paying someone or keep renting equipment and I am okay with that. Cost is always a factor.

What do you recommend? and how much more is it :)