Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #11  
Haven't looked up the 3940, but sites like Tractordata.com usually have the specs listed. Tractorhouse.com has a bunch of them listed, where you can get an inkling of what the asking prices are... Cab vs. no cab and hours range greatly.
Like others have noted, the Grand L tractors have a lot of useful features that the L's lack. And, based on years of reading here on TbN, they don't seem prone to having problems linked to those features. Definitely, you should "drive" it to experience the HST. A lighter bucket means more useful lift capacity, of course, all else being the same. You are looking at a lot more tractor than your B7800!

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #12  
I have a 5240 so a little larger but when I was shopping I looked very hard at the 3940. I stepped up to the bigger machine just because I plan to keep this for the rest of my life (mid 30's now), but would have been happy with a 3940. I have just under 500 hours on mine in about 4 years, so I don't use it a ton but that will increase as my kids get older and I have a little more time for projects. The only emissions equipment on these is egr and retarded timing. The timing causes more smoke at startup but other than that is not noticeable. The egr is unnoticeable but is also easily removed if you don't want it. The hst+ is fantastic and I would have a very hard time going back to regular hst now.

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #13  
But if you could get it for 20k to 22K, it would be worth it. Perhaps even a bit more where you live, as tractors are higher in the northeast compared to the south.

L3940: $20,000 to $22.000 would be a terrific price. GO FOR IT.

You will not want to replace a Grand L. No one has mentioned it but these are Kubota's heaviest small tractors.

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #14  
So what are they asking for this machine?

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #15  
When I was shopping, I was told the 854 loader was only available on the 4240 and up. I considered one, but succumbed to the lure of more power and cab.

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #16  
When I was shopping, I was told the 854 loader was only available on the 4240 and up. I considered one, but succumbed to the lure of more power and cab.
Absolutely true;when I purchased my L4240 HSTC it was sitting next to a L3940 HSTC and the shop pointed this out to me.The 854 is only on the L4240-L5740.

/ Grand L 3940 HST...Need some Buying Advise #18  
Absolutely true;when I purchased my L4240 HSTC it was sitting next to a L3940 HSTC and the shop pointed this out to me.The 854 is only on the L4240-L5740.

That may be right, but I though I have seen here some 3940's with 854 loaders on them. But I could be wrong. Maybe they were just something a dealer put on.:confused3: