Advice - Rotary Mower - Tarter vs Agri Four

/ Advice - Rotary Mower - Tarter vs Agri Four #1  

jsmmao

Tractor
Kioti CK20s
Hey Guys - new to posting, but been around some gathering alot of useful knowledge for our farm. I am looking to get a small entry level bush hog that i plan on using 2-3 times a year for 2 seperate 3 acre pastures. I originally looked at a Woods, but was about $500 more than the entry level ones delivered to my farm, so decided to go with one of these. I think either one will fit my needs. Cant find much info on the Agri, but the Tarter seems to be pretty decent, maybe on the level of a kingkutter? Any thoughts, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated. I tried looking used in my area and everything is either in really rough shape or just way to expensive. Thanks

I have a Kioti CK20s (23hp)

Prices delivered to my farm:

$825 - Tarter RC4 - stump jump - 14/11ga deck/sides - shear

$730 - Agri Four - No stump jump - 12ga deck - shear

/ Advice - Rotary Mower - Tarter vs Agri Four #2  
Hey Guys - new to posting, but been around some gathering alot of useful knowledge for our farm. I am looking to get a small entry level bush hog that i plan on using 2-3 times a year for 2 seperate 3 acre pastures. I originally looked at a Woods, but was about $500 more than the entry level ones delivered to my farm, so decided to go with one of these. I think either one will fit my needs. Cant find much info on the Agri, but the Tarter seems to be pretty decent, maybe on the level of a kingkutter? Any thoughts, advice, etc would be greatly appreciated. I tried looking used in my area and everything is either in really rough shape or just way to expensive. Thanks

I have a Kioti CK20s (23hp)

Prices delivered to my farm:

$825 - Tarter RC4 - stump jump - 14/11ga deck/sides - shear

$730 - Agri Four - No stump jump - 12ga deck - shear

With a ck20, I would be using a 4 ft cutter instead of a 5 Ft. Ken Sweet

/ Advice - Rotary Mower - Tarter vs Agri Four
With a ck20, I would be using a 4 ft cutter instead of a 5 Ft. Ken Sweet

Thanks Ken for your reply. That's correct. They are both 4' cutters. Agri Four and Tarter RC4

/ Advice - Rotary Mower - Tarter vs Agri Four #4  
Thanks Ken for your reply. That's correct. They are both 4' cutters. Agri Four and Tarter RC4

We like the Tarter brand because they have been in business since the mid forties and do make a well built product. Ken Sweet

/ Advice - Rotary Mower - Tarter vs Agri Four #5  
I am looking to get a small entry level bush hog that i plan on using 2-3 times a year for 2 seperate 3 acre pastures.

ENTRY LEVEL does not tell us much. The questions we need answered are: Will you be cutting exclusively grass? Will you be cutting some saplings? What diameter saplings? What quantity of saplings? Will you be operating over sloped ground?

Tractor Supply Company's 'Countyline' implements are made by Tarter. You may be able to get a Tarter Rotary Cutter cheaper under the Countyline brand. In my opinion, King Kutter Rotary Cutters are two grades better than Tarter/Countyline Rotary Cutters. I would consider Tarter light-duty, King Kutter medium-duty.

The 48" King Kutter I bought used, then operated three years before selling when I bought a heavier tractor, was a stout implement.

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 793
Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I will be cutting mostly grass, not sloped, and maybe a few small 1" or less saplings, but most likely not. My dad has a skid with mulcher for big stuff and making trails in the woods.

I checked the county line by TSC it's slightly more expensive than the tarter and yes it's the same thing from what I was told.

Thanks for input on the kingkutter

/ Advice - Rotary Mower - Tarter vs Agri Four #7  
In Florida, TSC sends 10% off coupons in the mail, regularly.

From your Post #6 it seems a Tarter R/C would meet your needs.

I have no experience with Agri Four

Ya, I just received the 10% too and it still isn't cheaper than the local guy with tarter. And he can deliver it for free which is a huge help since I don't have a trailer. Was hoping for something cheaper since like I said it won't get a lot of use just cutting grass twice a year, but i just can't find anything use in a reasonable price range or condition.

Thanks again for your input.

/ Advice - Rotary Mower - Tarter vs Agri Four #9  
If it is just grass, any cutter will work. I think I would want a stump jumper. I thought they were on all cutters these days.

/ Advice - Rotary Mower - Tarter vs Agri Four #10  
If it is just grass, any cutter will work. I think I would want a stump jumper. I thought they were on all cutters these days.

second that