Which compact tractor is the narrowest?

/ Which compact tractor is the narrowest? #1  

Glenn K

Tractor
Kubota BX2670
I want a tractor to drive between raised beds that will have blue berries growing on them. The narrowest I have found is the Kubota BX2370 at 1130mm (44 1/2") this is a bit wider than I would like. Is there a way to reduce this with tyres or rims? Or is there a narrower alternative? I want to run a towed mulch spreader between the rows and would like a bucket on the front and need a PTO.

/ Which compact tractor is the narrowest? #2  
Research the Three Point Hitch carefully before you buy a subcompact tractor. Some have a Category '0' hitch, some have a Category I/limited hitch, which limits which implements fit and may limit the implement operating range.

In their line of SPECIALTY TRACTORS, John Deere sells the Model 20A, 32 inches wide, 21-horsepower, 1,654 pounds/bare tractor. (No info on the Three Point Hitch.) The Model 20A is probably an Italian import for Deere.

Consider a gear driven, commercial grade, two-wheel, walk-behind tractor like a BCS or Grillo. Both have multiple implements.

T-B-N Archive/Narrow Tractors: narrow tractor site:tractorbynet.com - Google Search

Last edited:
   / Which compact tractor is the narrowest? #3  
...I want to run a towed mulch spreader between the rows...
Do you have a link to the mulch spreader you want use? (required HP to run it and weight of it).

/ Which compact tractor is the narrowest? #4  
First thought was "orchard" tractors, but it's hard to imagine something less than 44" wide! Unusual problem to have... you need some power and weight, but very narrow. How about a massive motorcycle? Nah.

/ Which compact tractor is the narrowest? #5  
Kubota had a narrow version of the B2320, the B2320N, that is less than 37" wide (TractorData.com Kubota B232�N tractor information). The regular B2320 was replaced recently by the B2301. I'm not sure whether the B2320N is still available or whether the B2320N could be equipped with a FEL..

Steve

/ Which compact tractor is the narrowest?
Thank you for the information on 3 point linkage and alternative tractors.
The spreader I was given is very old and has been modified and needs some repair, and modification to make the wheels narrower. It now has a 6' screw at the bottom that is 8" in diameter that is PTO driven. The spinner at the back is still powered off the wheels (will need to change that latter on). The hopper has been extended to hold 2.5 cubic meters, will reduce this if I narrow it latter on. I have no idea what power is needed to power it, but need to know.

/ Which compact tractor is the narrowest? #7  
Excuse me for asking about the obvious. Your initial post seems to suggest the blueberries have not been planted yet. If so, why not simply space the rows to match a common tractor width rather than doing it the other way round and embarking on a quest to find an odd-sized tractor for narrowly spaced rows?

/ Which compact tractor is the narrowest? #8  
I volunteer in a small organic Rabbiteye blueberry patch. We have 240 plants, generally add an additional row of 20 plants from cuttings, each January.

We plant 8' on center. We tractor with a B2230.

We harvest. Wish we had started with 18" raised beds.

Attachments

• DSC00403.jpg
    DSC00403.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 286
  • DSC00395.jpg
    DSC00395.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 308
   / Which compact tractor is the narrowest?
I got a Kobota BX2670 (which has a cat1 3 point linkage) as I may need the extra HP to run the spreader ran the spreader with a 25HP old Kobota and it managed just but only had a one stage clutch and taking off as well was a big ask. I put the rows at 8' centres because it is under hail netting to keep birds out mainly and it cost a lot in time effort and money so I wanted maximum plants underneath. Rather than at 10' I get and extra 8 rows 90m long which is an extra 1000 plants.
Thank you everyone for your input.

/ Which compact tractor is the narrowest? #10  
Kubota has had a range of narrow B-series tractors for years now. We sell them mostly to vineyards and christmas tree farms. They are good little tractors. They will not take loaders though.