Buying Advice Considering Upgrading my BX1870 to a BX2670

/ Considering Upgrading my BX1870 to a BX2670 #1  

gaylonw

Tractor
KUBOTA B7800, Cub Cadet 2182, KUBOTA BX1870
I am discussing a trade in of my low hours '14 BX 1870 for a new BX2670.
Either tractor performs well for me with the my mowing needs, but the new BX 2670 has a slightly longer WB, 2" or so.
The extra WB translated to the 2670 being much better ergonomically speaking, the leg room has extra inches which make a difference in comfort.
Also the 2670 has a better seat and the engine is a new concept in the bigger unit.
Alot depends on the trade numbers, but my 1870 only has 94 hours and it is garage kept so the dealers should like it and give me a fairly good number for the trade.
GM

l

/ Considering Upgrading my BX1870 to a BX2670 #2  
A bx18 vs a bx26 is not only a slight change in wb . . It is also a change in wheels as I recall . . . A little bigger and taller wheels. In addition you are increasing hp by almost 40% which means more at the rear pto and more lifting at the fel.

As a mass market sub compact the bx18 is the smallest in the U.S. and the bx26 is its bigger brother (even larger thsn the bx25 in hp).

It will be interesting to hear what your trade-in and additional dollars will tally to. But I would believe you will notice the power difference quickly.

/ Considering Upgrading my BX1870 to a BX2670 #3  
You are only averaging about 50 hours per year which isn't very much. Do you really need a bigger tractor? That's a stupid question. Everyone needs a bigger tractor!