Price Check KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK

/ KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK #1  

Jim Burgess

Tractor
Kubota BX2230
I bought a Kubota BX 2230 10 years ago and love it. At the same time I bought a LA211 loader for it. The loader has been used one day in 10 years and takes up too much garage space.
I am looking for pricing suggestions for the LA211 model B that has lived in the garage for 10 years. Chestertown, MD

/ KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK #2  
Do you have your purchase records from when you bought it? I seem to recall the LA211 added about $3,000 to the cost of my BX in 2005 (and it may have been more). But even if it's still in like new condition, it's for a tractor model that's no longer in production, and there may not be swarms of BX2230 owners just now getting around to shopping for a loader. It's worth what someone is willing to pay for it, but what the heck... put it on Craig's list (or whatever), for $2,000 and see if you get any nibbles.

One suggestion: mount it up on your BX2230 and make sure it's still in good working order... maybe even leave it on while it's up for sale so you can demonstrate that it's in good shape. Otherwise a potential buyer may not be willing to pay as much for a "pig in a poke". Hydraulically powered equipment that's been sitting unused for a long time can get leaks from dried out seals, o-rings, hoses, etc.

Jim, you're a rare fellow indeed. Most everyone I've run into says their loader is the handiest thing since indoor plumbing!

/ KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK #3  
It is worth a lot more attached to your tractor. Isn't really time to buy a new tractor?

/ KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK #4  
I looked for 2 years while I had my BX, $2500 was the best price I found. Dealer could source a FEL and install for $3500. At that point I just purchased a machine with one.
I think if your patient $2500 shouldn't be an issue.

/ KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK #5  
No quibbles with the advice given, but it sure seems to me that the tractor will be worth more if and when you go to sell it if it has that "new" Kubota loader- worth more than just whatever you can get for the loader at present. Chances are that next owner would want a loader.

/ KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK #6  
Creative storage! Bolt it to the rafters in the garage so you can park the tractor right under it. This way you always have it if you do need it or ever decide to sell the tractor.

As many have pointed out the majority looking at used tractors will want a loader so it adds value if you want to sell in the future.

I used to think that those without the loader were more rare than they actually are. A couple years back While helping a friend shop smaller tractors a salesman asked if he was interested in having a loader on it. I laughed and asked the salesman why he would even bother to ask? stating to him that a tractor without a loader would be useless. I was surprised at his answer being that he sold many without especially in the smaller tractors.

As for selling it I would talk to the local Kubota dealership and ask if they could sell it for you? Or call if they have someone looking for one for a used tractor or simply put it on line for sale and see what happens.

Good luck!

/ KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK #7  
If you still have the loader I may be interested.

/ KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK #9  
I bought a Kubota BX 2230 10 years ago and love it. At the same time I bought a LA211 loader for it. The loader has been used one day in 10 years and takes up too much garage space.
I am looking for pricing suggestions for the LA211 model B that has lived in the garage for 10 years. Chestertown, MD

If it is still available, I am interested to buy it
Jeff, 1-201-452-2774 . USA

/ KUBOTA LA211 PRICE CHECK #10  
Jeff . If the LA211 is still available, I am interested . 1-201-452-2774 . USA