Best place to purchase pto shaft

/ Best place to purchase pto shaft #1  

screamin400

Platinum Member
Tractor
2016 Mahindra 2538, 2016 Mahindra 2655, 2017 CaseIH 75C, 2021 CaseIH 110c., 2020 Kubota svl 65-2, 2022 Kubota svl 75-2
I need a shaft splined on each end about 40 inches long closed that will handle 35 hp. Where should I look for one?

/ Best place to purchase pto shaft #2  
I used Agri-Supply because my rotary cutter had different splines on each end, they helped me get the correct shaft. Agrisupply.com

Last edited:
   / Best place to purchase pto shaft #4  
Years ago, I needed a new shaft for my PTO auger... or a new U joint, which was proving hard to find quickly, and I wound up ordering a new shaft from the auger manufacturer- I was surprised and happy with the price (Italian made shaft). Plus, it was precisely what I needed. Might be worth checking?

/ Best place to purchase pto shaft #5  
Depends on how fast you need it,,
I got a brand new one off eBay for $100 delivered,,, it was a perfect replacement.

/ Best place to purchase pto shaft
Thanks guys. I do keep an eye on ebay. I need one for my snowblower so no rush. Actually been looking at used implements that may have the shaft I need. Might be better off to put that money toward a new implement if the shaft can interchange. Have not found one though is the problem.

/ Best place to purchase pto shaft #7  
I'm cheap and just borrow one off another implement.

/ Best place to purchase pto shaft #8  
I know Agi-Supply has them splined on both ends at a reasonable price. Was looking at some a couple of weeks ago. Does the implement have some sort of shear or clutch beyond the shaft to protect the tractor if it locks up?

/ Best place to purchase pto shaft #9  
Rural king can be reasonable if you have one near. Agri-Supply will be cheapest.

/ Best place to purchase pto shaft
Blower uses shear pins. I am wondering if I should look into one with a slip clutch just in case I ever want to take it to another machine? What could it hurt?