SCUT or Mini Skid/Dingo

/ SCUT or Mini Skid/Dingo #11  
You have to walk or stand on the back of the dingo . I had a ram rod , similar to the dingo , almost identical . Problem was when standing on it and you hit uneven ground , the family jewels and the controls were at the same level . I didnt keep it long

I think a seat could be added:

260890804729.jpg

Like tractors from the 1930's:

JD28D3.jpg

/ SCUT or Mini Skid/Dingo
There are disadvantages to renting attachments , first is going to get them , second is returning them . There are times you really need a specific one , for just an hour or two . 3 point attachments are easier to come across AND less expensive . Example , I found a 3 point aerator for my bx 24 3 years ago , and a electric spreader . Today I aerated 8 lawns around 1/2 acre each and was sitting behind the wheel almost all day . If I had to rent one , it may not be there when I need it , having my own I can do the jobs when I want

I agree with you here. I'd rather have the attachments on hand, to do the job when it suits me.

/ SCUT or Mini Skid/Dingo #13  
<snip>I have 2 acres, surround of 50-60' pine trees, with a lot of overgrown weed/brush/saplings growing in between. Land is 90% flat but for a slope down to the waterfront, which I'd like to clear too, but I have a Stihl brush cutter for that. So far, tasks identified for a machine include digging out landscaping, leveling/grading/reseeding several sections of lawn, removing existing fence posts; stump removal; retaining wall tearout and replacement, brush clearing in and around the pines...typical stuff, I gather. I have a blacktop driveway that I'd like to clear for the few times a year we get enough snow here.<snip>

For the tasks in bold a mini-ex would be ideal, for the other tasks a 2 wheeled/tracked tractor or SCUT would do well. Back in the 1960's to the 1980's my Grandfather did all of that with a 2 wheeled Gravely. He had a rotary mower, snow blower, grading blade, sickle mower, wagons, etc. We had about 6 acres of lawn, garden, orchard which he maintained with it.

/ SCUT or Mini Skid/Dingo #14  
My vote is the mini skid steer. I've never used one, but I've watched them quite a bit. They will out preform a sub compact tractor.