Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models?

/ Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models? #1  

rlme36

Tractor
Cub Cadet
Wondering if there is any official updates by Kubota on any improvements to the BX series, meaning should I hold off a month or two or not kind of thing.

In my mind what I think they will eventually do is facelift the BX series to look more like the Bseries or add in real position control for the 3pt, but that's just conjecture on my part and hoping for it I guess.

thanks

rob

/ Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models? #2  
Very interested in this as I am about to go buy one

/ Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models? #3  
I believe kubota will chsnge some things on the bx sometime in 2017 . . Just as they started in 2016.

Some of the competition was/is taking customers so kubota changed the warranty length .
Remember. That already happened.

Next I think you'll see sometime in 2017 . . A new fel or an altered fel with better lifting capacity to compete with Massey and Mahindra.

Next . . Possibly some change to the hydro cooling fan process.

Why do I think these things or possibilities in 2017 ? Well remember Kubota undetstands that being "orange" or having the Kubota name is important but it isn't a guarantee of succesd any longer. In mid 2016 they were being affected enough by other competitors warranty coverages . . that Kubota matched or more those lengths.

In the upper Midwest where I live, we've seen numerous dealers of Kubota now adding the Massey product line too (including the GC sub compact products). So now dealers are directly seeing and hearing why prospects may choose an alternative to the BX . . and they are selling that way too.

I don't think Kubota has ever felt they needed to be the best at everything . . . but they didn't want to be weak at warranty length and now fel lift capacity is an issue.

When they will change could be anytime in the coming year in my opinion.

Last edited:
   / Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models?
Axle,

those are the kind of changes i'd like to see happen before I purchase. May make more sense to go to the B-series since its been all revamped already and we all know bigger is better. ha ha

/ Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models? #5  
I don't know if they are going to improve the BX or not, I've said it was needed since JD came out with the 1026R some time ago and if they don't sales will suffer. As things stand now, I would be hard pressed to replace one of our old BXs with a new BX.

/ Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models?
Speaking to a Dealer in NH yesterday the sales person mentioned that they've been told the 2017 model is a total revamp. New frame and look. Guessing a new frame design may cause some incompatibility with current implement fitment offerings both factory and aftermarket. So for me, the plot thickens.

/ Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models? #8  
Many new changes for the new 80 series BX. I would for sure hold off till April or so.
New Kubota 2017 model introductions by Messicks - YouTube
Chris

Wow, great and informative video. The BX has some exciting changes in the works and this should be required viewing. The addition of the SSQA to the loaders is a game changer.

Two points mentioned; Messicks sells almost 250 BX's a year (!) and under 26 HP escapes emissions apparatus. Not sure I understand the last part but think I heard right.

/ Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models? #9  
Wow, great and informative video. The BX has some exciting changes in the works and this should be required viewing. The addition of the SSQA to the loaders is a game changer.

Two points mentioned; Messicks sells almost 250 BX's a year (!) and under 26 HP escapes emissions apparatus. Not sure I understand the last part but think I heard right.

From what my dealer told me there are many more good points that aren't even mentioned in the video. Like the snowblower attach is pretty much a drive in to connect. The bucket has a replaceable cutting edge along with higher numbers for FEL capabilities. If you look in the video the new number is LA340. If you multiply that by the 2.2 conversion it adds appox. 200lbs of lift at the pin. Now I'm sure that helps compensate for all the beef added for the SSQA. But we will have to see what comes for sure.

Chris

/ Any updates on Kubota BX line news or improvements for 2017 models? #10  
From what my dealer told me there are many more good points that aren't even mentioned in the video. Like the snowblower attach is pretty much a drive in to connect. The bucket has a replaceable cutting edge along with higher numbers for FEL capabilities. If you look in the video the new number is LA340. If you multiply that by the 2.2 conversion it adds appox. 200lbs of lift at the pin. Now I'm sure that helps compensate for all the beef added for the SSQA. But we will have to see what comes for sure.

Chris

There is a quote at the end that this SSQA loader could open up a whole new market for smaller sized SSQA implements. I think Kubota just re-wrote the whole implement attachment market because all sorts of smaller sized things could be used up front. For example, how about an up-front rake so you could see what you were doing? No need for trailing wheels either.