BX2370 vs 1025R pricing in Canada, Ontario specifically

/ BX2370 vs 1025R pricing in Canada, Ontario specifically #1  

Dropsix

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2370
Hey everyone, has anyone purchased any of these two tractors within the last few months in Ontario or the rest of Canada?

Specifically I am looking for a 60" MMM, Front end loader and front mount snowblower. I've been to both dealers and gotten quotes and am amazed and how much more the John Deere is (even the 1023E, the 1025R was only 1245$ more). Seeing the 1023E and 1025R were so close in price, obviously I scratched the 1023E off the list.

So now I have a quote for the BX2670 and I decided it wasn't worth the extra money over the BX2370, plus I hear house insurance can be pricey on 25hp tractors.

In the end here we are, BX2370 with three implements vs JD 1025 with three implements. Having seen both tractors I much prefer the John Deere (also previously owned John Deere lawnmowers), but when I got both quotes I was pretty blown away and am having a hard time justifying the green machine. I'm talking a 7191$ difference after taxes. 32118.26$ vs 24927.80$

So I guess I am asking what would you do? Even if you had the money, is it worth getting what you really want despite the cost?

Also forgot to mention JD wants to charge me for delivery and who knows what other extras despite living 10 min from the dealer. Kubota is including delivery, full tank of diesel, PDI and set up in their price. (as i type this it becomes more of a no brainer)

/ BX2370 vs 1025R pricing in Canada, Ontario specifically #2  
This may not help much.. but I too went through the same as you a few years ago.
Don't know where you are in Ontario.. but I went to Church's and they have treated me like gold even after the purchase.
I initially want the green machine..... but in the end went orange.

I have no regrets. I may not know if I am missing anything.. but the orange has been great.
Remember... at some point.. you WILL end up at the dealer.

/ BX2370 vs 1025R pricing in Canada, Ontario specifically
This may not help much.. but I too went through the same as you a few years ago.
Don't know where you are in Ontario.. but I went to Church's and they have treated me like gold even after the purchase.
I initially want the green machine..... but in the end went orange.

I have no regrets. I may not know if I am missing anything.. but the orange has been great.
Remember... at some point.. you WILL end up at the dealer.

Yeah it's becoming a little stressful to say the least! Was a lot more fun in the beginning of the process haha. I'm in Eastern Ontario near Ottawa.

/ BX2370 vs 1025R pricing in Canada, Ontario specifically #4  
in 1998 when I needed a new garden tractor for cutting grass mostly. I bought a new TG1860G, and the equivalent green unit was over $1000 more. In 2011, I wanted a small TLB. I bought a low hour (235) BX24, even used green machines were way pricier. I have not for one second regretted either purchase.
In fact, if I were to sell the BX24 today, I'd get pretty much what I paid for it in 2011, it now has close to 500 hours.
Kubota makes good machines.

Pete

/ BX2370 vs 1025R pricing in Canada, Ontario specifically #5  
Buy the 2670 and never look back.

/ BX2370 vs 1025R pricing in Canada, Ontario specifically #6  
http://www.kijiji.ca/b-canada/kubota-bx/k0l0 price comparisons
Tires and wheels were $100 a corner for a bx, vs $250 for green. I looked at used, but it was cheaper to buy a new tractor, and I watch as people try and sell 2009's for more than I paid for new in 13, In 2013, you could get a new BX25 for 17K,, People still want that or more for used..

Went to another JD dealer and the 1025r was 10k more after taxes this time.

Went back to Kubota and submitted credit app, negotiated a box scraper for a cheaper price along with the mower blower and loader.

Should be finalized next week!

I want to add that I don't like the tactic by John Deere buying the BX2370 or BX25's to put on display next to their 1025r's.

I realize Kubota is likely their biggest competitor in the sub compact department, however, when a tractor is priced at 7-10k more after taxes I don't feel it's a fair comparison. The 1023 and 1025R tractors are amazing tractors to say the least, but for a company unwilling to deal on price because their product is so strong, it seems off they would go so far as to buy a tractor selling for so much less to prove they are better. It's really a different market at that point.