Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060
DO the research. I didnt stare at the specs too hard but....

Everything I saw about the L4060 and L4760 were identical. Same tire size, same 3PH capacity, same length and width, nearly the same weight, same engine, etc etc.

The 3560 is shorter, a few hundred pounds lighter, smaller tires, and a 3 cylinder instead of a 4. I think your dealer was wrong to say the 4060 and 3560 were the same.
Ya, im having to agree as well after looking at the specs. The 4060 & 4760 are only different in HP & .2" of ground clearance (which I suspect might be an error). Definitely more spec differences between the 3560 & 4060 than be explained by bigger tires as I originally thought.

Definitely need to get some seat time in a L4060, maybe a L4760 now. The L3560 was definitely underpowered for my tastes, but also pushing as big as I'd like. I'm happy with my current 60" track, but the L3560s I've seen were set with a 72" or wider .

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #12  
I have the L3560HSTC, I got it for the same reason you are looking at the L4060HSTC, a CAB! I hated working out in the cold on my 1,000' gravel drive and pushing snow in the cold. On the up side, the heat is great and the bonus AC keeps me cool and NO BUGS!! The glass on the cab make it like a greenhouse, even on a cool day, the sun heats it up and you need the AC. I would have gone with the L4060, but I have a height restriction and only have about 2" clearance to get the L3560 into my barn, the L4060 was too high. I also have a large hill to get up to the house, and every Kubota I have had (4 of them) has had a hard time getting up, really bogging down. The L3560 has the high/low range and the low works great on the hill. My only comment is "bigger is better" if you can fit it.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #13  
Lets say you get a tractor with a cab, and a foot wider to boot. You're going to be getting the chores at home done much faster, and then be left with more free time. What are you going to do with this free time? You've said that you're already doing some tractor work on the side. A cab will make this work much more pleasurable, and combined with the larger tractor. As such, I'd say that you'll probably end up doing more paid tractor work, which can offset the cost of a larger tractor. L6060, anyone? :thumbsup:

I don't actually know if you're looking to do more paid work with your tractor, but it's a nice excuse to get a big tractor!
About the maneuverability issue: If you can't mow around it, just knock it down! :laughing:

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #14  
I think 40hp net is pretty low for a 4,100lb cab tractor.

I'll need wider implements to do 80% of my work any faster. Mostly mowing. My 7' flail won't be sold. I'm rarely HP limited when using it. Usually cut quality or rough terrain & weak back limiting my cutting speed.

Might have time this week to sneak off to a dealer to check out a L4060 or L4760 if one of the 2 nearish Kubota dealers. Definitely want to see how much bigger they feel than the L3560 & how they do when roading uphill flat out.

It's quite possible I may end up with an underpowered L3560 because of size issues or bang for the buck calculations. Slow roading & hills will annoy me a bit, but I live with it now. Who knows down the road I may pull a The Fred & pop a turbo on it after warranty or something.

Still boggles my mind Kubota doesn't make a higher HP 3000 series grand.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #16  
The dual speed transmission is worth it. Once you have it you'll almost always be in M. For the small price difference get the higher HP. You'll never regret having too much HP in the same size (or close to it) frame.

Well, my L3200 & a few implements ran off today & i'm left with a small wad of cash. Gonna be hitting up local dealers shortly for:

• L4060 HSTC
  • LA805 or preferably LA1055 loader
  • R4 tires (Max width set to 72" or a bit less)
  • Loaded rears
  • 3 rear hydraulic spools (2 float for TnT & 1 detented)
  • Top & Tilt kit
  • 3rd function (extra loader hydraulic circuit)
  • High capacity alternator
  • Rear wiper kit
  • Rear defogger kit
  • Air ride seat
  • Block heater

Planning on adding front & rear LED light bars, a stereo & quick hitch myself. See anything else I'm missing?

I don't think I can justify the extra $6k for a L4760 & LA1055 over a L4060 & LA805. For some reason it can have the bigger loader that the L4060 can't, despite the only difference being an extra cylinder & couple extra HP. The bigger loader would be nice, but not critical to my operation.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #19  
Buy the Kubota and be happy. I have it on good authority that we aren't going to live forever.

Now is a great time and you can get a heck of a deal if you know how to deal. Find a holdover older model and write your own price. Come Jan-Feb, the deals will be fading.

/ Please try & talk me out of a Kubota L4060 #20  
I got the HD bucket and chain hooks on mine, otherwise it looks like you're covered.