Tractor Packages?

/ Tractor Packages? #1  

willy1947

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830 GST
Is it very common for dealers to have "packages" with their tractors? Something like FEL, bush hog, yard box, and trailer?

Thanks,
Dave

/ Tractor Packages? #2  
The local Massey dealer here always advertises a package like that. I think it is a 231, LS Box, bush-hog, and trailer. When I bought my tractor Deere had special incentives if you bought 2 pieces of equipment. That money was over and above whatever deal you struck with the dealer.

/ Tractor Packages? #4  
Bought my used New Holland TN65 as a package deal that included a LandPride 2572 rotary mower. They knocked off $600 for the rotary mower; they also installed it on the tractor.

Just ask them for a package deal; if they don't bite, then tell them you have another deal in the works....just like dealing on a car.

/ Tractor Packages? #5  
Seems like some of the best tractor deals are made at the time of original purchase. Once you decide you need additional implements you find yourself paying more for them than you will as part of a package deal.

/ Tractor Packages? #7  
Dave, when I got my tractor Deere had a package price on the tractor, loader and brush cutter combination, I then added two other attachments and got a $400.00 additional discount, that Brent mentioned in his post.

/ Tractor Packages? #8  
Best to buy as much as possible at once. You have more leverage at the time of the tractor purchase. I a new TLB package and looked at buying a used tractor then adding a BH. No brainer as it would have cost as much if not more to go the used route.

/ Tractor Packages? #9  
A lot of dealers do make package deals like that, but watch out because sometimes dealers put lightweight or cheap implements in on a package deal. Make sure you are getting a good brand and something that is good quality. Here I always let the customer tell me what they need then i make them a custom package deal. I would much rather see the equipment get used than just sit around and collect dust. And i know for fact ,atleast here, and im sure many other dealers will do the same, If you buy a tractor but can't get all the implements you need at the time of tractor purchase we always work with them to get a good price. Main key is to find a good dealer that is willing to work with you, and give you the support you need.