chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say??

/ chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say?? #1  

stayalert

Bronze Member
I've got a Kubota B2400 that I like but am wondering about replacing it with something with a more power....I've grown used to a 60" MMM, a loader, and a front mount snow blower....I would like to consider adding a PTO chipper, grapple, and maybe a backhoe....Must be 4wd...

....I like clearing my pond for skating so don't necessarily want a much larger/heavier tractor.....turf tires (chains in Winter) work best for my applications....folding ROPS would be good....A cab would get in the way....

what should I be considering?

Best,

Rob "stayalert" M
Norwich, VT

/ chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say?? #2  
I'm not a fan of taking any vehicle on a frozen lake or pond. But if you must it should be light enough an have an easy escape should it fall through. I don't want to insult you so I won't say what I consider for you (LOL). I may be a chicken so I can't make a recommendation.

/ chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say?? #3  
A B3350 would be on my list.

/ chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say?? #4  
I'm with Luke. That is a good fit for what you are doing. Use good judgement on the ice and you'll be fine. But, you already know that!!!

/ chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say??
Yeah I've only been using my B2400 for clearing my pond for like 8 years....:laughing: I am just starting to look into alternatives but am thinking a B3350 is an option.....The sun in FLA scares me more than pond ice in VT :D

/ chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say?? #6  
The people in Florida scare me more than the ice! Lol

/ chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say?? #7  
I have a pond and dropped my 4 wheel through the ice (at the edge - ice was pretty thin) - pulled it out with my JD Gator and some help from my sons. I would hate to think about the mess I would have had; had it been my tractor:shocked:

/ chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say?? #8  
Does it have to be a NEW tractor?

/ chin scratching on eventual tractor replacement...whaddaya say?? #10  
Perhaps a B7800 would work? Should be just like your B2400 only with more power (not sure if it's enough more- any more and then you start jumping up in weight, though the B3350 looks good there, but it's fairly new, and, a bit more $$s).