Price Check cub cadet gt2000 with 48" blower

/ cub cadet gt2000 with 48" blower #1  

adkdad84

Tractor
kubota l2350 cub cadet gt 2000
hi all,
long time lurker, now looking to get myself a garden tractor.

locally, there's a cub cadet gt2000 with ~170hrs, average to good condition, with a 48" snow blower for $3900. I talked the guy down to $3600 and said i'd think about it.

thing is, he doesn't recall ever changing the hydrostatic transmission fluid, nor does he have any record of it. He's 80 with health problems. Snowblower has been used sparingly, maybe 3 times and i believe it, so the hours are from mowing and from what i could see he has a flat lot.

should i stay away? Manual says oil change at 10hrs and every 50 after that. i pulled the stick and the fluid looked good, light honey color.

if i do end up buying it, i'll change all filters and fluids asap. These things really take 15w40 rotella? Love that stuff never thought of it as a tranny fluid though. How about rotella T 5w40 synthetic? Would that be an upgrade?

thanks for your input! Hopefully this goes through as it's a decent deal and there's not much for sale up here in GT's with snowblowers.

/ cub cadet gt2000 with 48" blower #2  
what are the manufacturer's recommended hours for hydrostatic fluid change ?
my Kubota BX recommendation is 300 hours for hydro fluid, I changed it at 240 hours when I bought it.
the 10/every 50 interval you quote is no doubt for engine oil.

Pete

/ cub cadet gt2000 with 48" blower
what are the manufacturer's recommended hours for hydrostatic fluid change ?
my Kubota BX recommendation is 300 hours for hydro fluid, I changed it at 240 hours when I bought it.
the 10/every 50 interval you quote is no doubt for engine oil.

Pete

pete, i wish it were so but i double checked after your post. The tractors operators manual suggests you refer to the engine's manual for motor oil/filter, and specifies 50hrs for transmission oil and filter. i cannot yet post links, but it's easily google'd under cub cadet gt2000 manual, first link page 6.

/ cub cadet gt2000 with 48" blower
pete, i wish it were so but i double checked after your post. The tractors operators manual suggests you refer to the engine's manual for motor oil/filter, and specifies 50hrs for transmission oil and filter. i cannot yet post links, but it's easily google'd under cub cadet gt2000 manual, first link page 6.

oddly enough, i downloaded a manual for a gtx2100 (same transmission) and it says 200hr intervals for the hydrostatic fluid. i wonder if they changed it at some point? regardless, it is more confidence inspiring and i will call the guy back to buy the tractor today.