Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again #11  
I'd see about leasing either one, if you're wanting it for the 25 acre job alone & not needed afterwards.

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again #12  
Go up to an m series deere over an e in my opinion.

That is the answer.
Lots of problems with the "E's" while the "M's" are built old school Deere and it's rare to hear of an issue. Stay with Deere or go to Kubota if it were me.

My older 5520 Deere is built like the tank the "M's" now are. Lots of HP and I can pull the Queen Mary with it's power or lift it with the super duty loader. Comparable M series Kubota has all the bells, whistles and HP but being much lighter is more for utility usage. I love them both.

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again #13  
No Kubota dealers around? If you're looking for reliability that is where I would start.

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again #14  
Mass and weight matter if you're plowing, but for shredding you just need hp and torque to turn the pto.

I just struggled knocking down the growth of our 25 acres caused by all the rains. I had to go the slowest I've ever mowed in 14 years. 65 pto hp vs a 6' bushhog and I was in the lowest A1 gear possible. And I still had to raise the mower frequently to aid the engine.

Once you get it knocked down, hopefully you won't have to mow it again this year.

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again #15  
That is the answer.
Lots of problems with the "E's" while the "M's" are built old school Deere and it's rare to hear of an issue. Stay with Deere or go to Kubota if it were me.

My older 5520 Deere is built like the tank the "M's" now are. Lots of HP and I can pull the Queen Mary with it's power or lift it with the super duty loader. Comparable M series Kubota has all the bells, whistles and HP but being much lighter is more for utility usage. I love them both.

I would go with an M series and expect a steep discount. Your dealer seems to be good and trying to do the right thing. Beyond that I would look at Kubota, New Holland, Massey Ferguson and any other brands available before making a purchase.

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again
Sorry but two bad ones in a row? I would be switching brands and only going back if they gave me one for free!

A free one would keep me and the chances of a third one being bad is rare. Part of me thinks the service dept is partly to blame for some of the issues and a new tractor won't fix that but will only continue the cycle.

I'd see about leasing either one, if you're wanting it for the 25 acre job alone & not needed afterwards.

I use it at me place. I'm just currently mowing the neighbors place. I get to it about 2-3 time a year but do tractor work on the side year round.

That is the answer.

Hard to justify 75-80k for a tractor that I doesn't come anywhere close to earning that back. I agree they are better tractors but from what I could see and the dealer told me, they aren't that much more of a tractor than the 5100e and it doesn't justify the extra 10k

No Kubota dealers around? If you're looking for reliability that is where I would start.

The NH dealer is also a kubota one as well. Test drove an m5.111 I think? It was atleast 10k less than the NH around the high 40s. Didn't love it. When your comparing the NH to others it's hard because of physical size and the feel. Like going from an f150 to a dually almost. Just feels stronger if that makes sense. We're going again to look today and I'll check out the kubota one more time.

Mass and weight matter if you're plowing, but for shredding you just need hp and torque to turn the pto.

I just struggled knocking down the growth of our 25 acres caused by all the rains. I had to go the slowest I've ever mowed in 14 years. 65 pto hp vs a 6' bushhog and I was in the lowest A1 gear possible. And I still had to raise the mower frequently to aid the engine.

Once you get it knocked down, hopefully you won't have to mow it again this year.

Man that's slow! Worst I had to get down to was a4 but mostly b1-2. This is nice pasture that should be getting baled buy the owners had a bad experience in the past. Grass is abou to mid thigh and I'm 5'10"

I would go with an M series and expect a steep discount. Your dealer seems to be good and trying to do the right thing. Beyond that I would look at Kubota, New Holland, Massey Ferguson and any other brands available before making a purchase.

Case ih and NH are the same just different color and Case is further away. Even their website is the same and when you build your own, they have the same options and the same price. Looked at Massey but they don't have a strong presence down here and would have to drive a while to a dealer. We are going to go looking again today.

Brett

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again #17  
It'd be nice to see what Kubota has to offer in the same price range as the Deere or NH. I think the M6 and M7 series are supposed to be pretty darned nice tractors.

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again #18  
It's always difficult to cost justify a new tractor. If I could find a clean 5520 cab tractor, that would be the envy in my eye.

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again #19  

65 PTO HP should be plenty for that 6' cutter. I cut some reclaimed land this spring. Had not been cut in over a year. It was brutally high with 2"-3" saplings. I was running a 45 PTO HP machine and 6' cutter with no issues. Perhaps I was mowing higher and slower than you were. I was running as fast as I could sit comfortably on the tractor.

/ Need help deciding. Deere is being replaced again #20  
Brett
I was in your exact situation 2 years ago - trying to decide between JD, Kubota or NH / Case IH in an 100HP mid-size loader tractor in the $50K - $55K range. The first thing I learned is that there is no perfect tractor. I bought the NH due to the following:
heaviest machine of the (3)
had the best loader visibility from my perspective due to the generous slope of the hood
had the best cab lay-out IMO
540 pto speed at 1900 engine rpm
corner post exhaust standard (this was an $800 option on JD)
independant parking brake (this feature not available on newer models)
bigger tire option - 18.4R34 rears and 14.9R24 fronts
3PH lifting capacity 2000# more than JD
3PH control at the back of the tractor makes it convenient when hooking up implements
wife's favorite color is blue
less $$ than the JD and Case IH clone
I have owned it a little less than 2 years and overall I am pleased with the tractor. Only issues that I have had is a loose gear shift cable that caused it to be stuck in 2nd gear and the loader sucking air.
The engine has good torque and is very easy on fuel.
I don't advocate one color over another, it is a tough decision and if the $$ was not an issue, I probably would have bought the JD 5M or the NH T.5 series. Take your time, be deliberate and choose the one that you like the best overall.