New member; new to tractors

/ New member; new to tractors #21  
sorry for the late post - i use a garden tractor for my 17 cu ft trailer and also i have a vineyard and garden and hundreds of evergreens etc.

el. deer fencing too and i cannot cut around a lot of the big trees and branches with the mahindra and also the roes in the vineyard are tight to very tight. my new 48" cannot get in half the vineyard or more now so that is manual. argh.
my layout id very complex and has paths in certain areas and if you seen it you would understand. bougth the mmm just as back and it has helped. can only do a couple/few areas and my big training area for k-9 training. all others you cannot access with the mahindra.

if i set it all up again things would be different but i have a lot going on here

/ New member; new to tractors

Here's the specs from TractorData.com for the JD 2210 and Max 26XL...
JD.... TractorData.com John Deere 221 tractor information
MAX... TractorData.com Mahindra Max 26XL tractor information
Being 400# heavier than the JD, the MAX is a lot more tractor. Take a look at the specs on the loader, lift to full height at pin as an example.
But that's a CUT vs a SCUT. I would expect a difference.

How does this one seem? Again, not too far away.

But this is a SCUT vs a CUT. I would expect a difference.

How does this one seem? again not too far away.

hartford.craigslist.org/grd/5800551441.html

Maybe the better question is do I buy a decent used one for cash and be porked if something big breaks with no money to fix, or spend more money and use their cash to be covered for most of any problems?

/ New member; new to tractors #24  
mahindra beat out orange and green in every manner possible. that is why i did mahindra. wanted an orange for years but glad i never went that route.

I also have a somewhat unrelated question.

I have a military HUMMER trailer, aluminums- so not heavy but the it has a pintle hitch and its fairly tall in height.

I want to be able to bring the trailer up a small grade and store the trailer out back. What kind of hitches are available to do this? Is there a bolt on receiver type hitch that extends up high to accept my pintle receiver or will I have to custom weld something up?

Last edited: