Not familiar with the Kubota B2650??

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650?? #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
Looking at a 2014 Kubota B2650 model.

Hoping someone has some feedback on this model?

Is this a tier 4?

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650?? #2  
I would just do a search and see if it has the transmission complaints a lot of the 50 series tractors (BX or B of any size but the 50 series). Seems a lot have complained of a very jerky or unforgiving trans that can make them annoying to operate and IIRC their is no known cure.
I'm no expert but I almost purchased another BX and was told to look at any other than the xx50. Im no expert, I just wanted to pass what I had heard. Good luck, Rye.

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650?? #3  
I have a 2015 B2650HSDC (cab) and I am totally pleased.

The only things I have noticed that I consider less than perfect are:

1. The "seat-of-the-pants" estimation of loader capacity is not what I expected from the numbers. Entirely adequate, just not the increase over my JD750 that I had hoped for. The SSQA system is the greatest invention since sliced bread IMHO.

2. Cabin noise is quite pronounced, I keep a pair of good earmuff style hearing protectors hanging off the loader joystick and wear them every time I start the tractor.

Power is good, ergonomics are good, hydro transmission is GREAT (after 30 years of gear shift and no live pto). I run a 5 foot rear finish mower, a 5 foot rotary brush mower, a rototiller, a 66 inch box blade and a 64 inch snow blower with it and have absolutely no issues with having enough power or traction to do the job. I did have the rear tires loaded as part of the purchase.

I'd buy one again in a heartbeat.

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650?? #4  
I've not read of any complaints on the B2650, only the B3350. No Tier IV stuff like needing to regen on the B2650. It is a high end model over the B2601, a bit heavier, bigger with more features.

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650?? #5  
I would just do a search and see if it has the transmission complaints a lot of the 50 series tractors (BX or B of any size but the 50 series). Seems a lot have complained of a very jerky or unforgiving trans that can make them annoying to operate and IIRC their is no known cure.
I'm no expert but I almost purchased another BX and was told to look at any other than the xx50. Im no expert, I just wanted to pass what I had heard. Good luck, Rye.

A bit of understandable model confusion here, I think. A "B2650" is a whole different animal from a "BXxx50". Larger, different chassis, engine and most importantly, different HST tranny, with the B2650 having a 3 speed HST vs. the 2 speed in a BX. The jerky tranny did indeed afflict the BXxx50 series sold in 2006-2008. The B2650 was intro'd in 2013 and is still in production; no jerky HST issues that I've heard of.

John, the B2650 is reportedly a popular model that does evidently have the DPF to meet the Tier 4 standards. If you search in the Kubota buying and owning subformums, you should be able to find quite a few comments from B2650 owners. Don't own one myself, but have the impression it's a good little tractor.

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650??
What is the DPF?

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650?? #7  
Grandad4 thanks for the info

I can be of help with DPF= Diesel Particulate Filter.

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650??
An advantage or disadvantage to having a DPF on a tractor?

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650?? #9  
No DPF is an advantage. The B2650 is a very capable machine. After just over 30 hours on it, mowing, aerating, spraying, chipping, logging and loading, it is a solid performer. Meets tier 4 emission standards without the DPF because it's engine was detuned from the pretier 4 B2920 with 29 hp to 26 hp to fit into the new tier 4 emission standard. I went with B2650 because of the availability of the factory AC cab which is not available on the B2601 or BX series.
My old BX 2200 was a nimble and reliable machine but somewhat lacking in 3pt and fel lifting capacity plus a little light if not ballasted properly.

/ Not familiar with the Kubota B2650?? #10  
I went from a B 2920 to a B 2650 with cab and could not be happier with the switch. It does everything I want it to, you do not notice the three less Hp but you do notice and appreciate the increased hydraulic pump capacity providing more lift capability for the FEL and the three point. I* have just under 20 hours on the unit and it is great. Mow with a belly mower, have switched back and forth between the FEL and ballot forks and the three point is so much easier to mount and dismount items than my previous B 2920. If there is a negative and not really so is with the cab the unit is slightly top heavy but as long as you are aware no issue. I do keep a 500 lb ballast box on the rear most of the time. It is just so nice to mow without dust swirling around your face. As others have said a little noisy in the cab from the HST tranny but a set of plugs or noise cancelling head phones will abate that and still allow you to listen to the radio.