Price Check Puma 64" snowblower

/ Puma 64" snowblower #1  

Moondoggy

Tractor
Kubota L4240HSTC,1984 JD 750,Troy Bilt Horse tiller
I'm interested in getting a 3 pt. snowblower for my 1984 John Deere 750. The 64" model is the largest one recommended for 18 HP pto. I found a gently used one close by and am having trouble finding original retail or used values online. Does anyone know the approximate value of these. I know the value to me will skyrocket when I'm looking at 2 feet of snow in my driveways.

/ Puma 64" snowblower #2  
Puma is the series, 64 is the size. RAD industries builds the blower and Blizzard is a previous brand name for the machine. Google Blizzard or RAD industries for better info. They are a decent homeowner machine. I have owned a 74 for a number of years.

/ Puma 64" snowblower #3  
Hi Neighbor,
I had the same blower. I bought it new back in 2004 and if I recall it was around $1700. back then. I sold it for 1200 to another member a few years later. I know prices have gone up since I bought mine but if I was looking I would want to pay between 1200-1500 for one in good condition.
A quick search online shows many new 3 pt (50"-72") blowers for sale between $2200-2600. Check PTO Snow Blower Attachment | 2 Stage Snow Blower | Skid Steer Snow Blower - WoodMaxx

Last edited:
   / Puma 64" snowblower #4  
Moondoggy,
I bought that same blower last year for $1250, but I jumped on it because it was such a good deal. It's very well built. I gotta admit, it's a little heavy on my 3pt hitch, I usually grab a scoop of snow to help with steering!
Cheers,
BN

/ Puma 64" snowblower #5  
I am pretty sure that the Puma brand is built by Pronovost, not Rad. They are decent blowers for a few driveways but wouldn't want to blow drives all day with them. I found a new price at $2700 US or so for the 64 inch model from a file about a year back.

/ Puma 64" snowblower #6  
WoR,
You are correct, my Puma is a Provonost, but it's built like BSH, it's awesome on my 500' driveway!!
If you need to clear 3 Wal-Mart parking lots, then a rear blower is probably not to tool for the job.

Someday I'll spring for the Front mount Blower.

Cheers,
BN

Last edited:
   / Puma 64" snowblower #7  
I am pretty sure that the Puma brand is built by Pronovost, not Rad. They are decent blowers for a few driveways but wouldn't want to blow drives all day with them. I found a new price at $2700 US or so for the 64 inch model from a file about a year back.

Correct. my bad. Both are decent machines.

/ Puma 64" snowblower
Thanks George. I see you are from The Square also. The used Puma is listed for $2500.00. Guess I'll call him back and see if that's a misprint. A brand new 60" Woodmaxx is $2249.00 delivered and weighs in close to 700 lbs. Designed in Buffalo but made in China. They seem really well constructed and designed and I've read a lot of positive reviews on here from a few years back. I'm wondering if anyone has purchased one of these recently and if they like it.

/ Puma 64" snowblower
Thanks Byrdnyrd, I'll have to add front weight as I have not found a front loader for my JD 750.

/ Puma 64" snowblower #10  
Thanks George. I see you are from The Square also. The used Puma is listed for $2500.00. Guess I'll call him back and see if that's a misprint. A brand new 60" Woodmaxx is $2249.00 delivered and weighs in close to 700 lbs. Designed in Buffalo but made in China. They seem really well constructed and designed and I've read a lot of positive reviews on here from a few years back. I'm wondering if anyone has purchased one of these recently and if they like it.

I sold my Puma because I have a gravel driveway and even with the shoes all the way down for maximum ground clearance the blower still picked up loose stones before the ground froze. The loose stones would stop the auger and shear the pin. I spent more time replacing shear pins than blowing snow.
I saw the one you mentioned for that price and think its way too much. Not sure on the price of a new Puma 64 but you can buy other brands new for $2500 or less.