SCUT with cabs

/ SCUT with cabs #1  

Gulfmp

Tractor
Kubota 2370-1, FEL, MMM, Box Scraper, 3Ph Snowblower
Does anyone that has a SCUT with a cab care to opine about pros and cons?

Is the emax25 the only scut with a factory cab? Are there any aftermarket cabs price worthy for other scuts?

How about using a 3ph snowblower with the cab? or a MMM? Does the cab restrict the constant turning of your body?

It appears that heat comes with the emax. How effective is it? Is AC available for it, or do your take doors/windshield off in the summer?

Thanks for your comments.

Last edited:
   / SCUT with cabs #3  
Two cab manufacturers commonly mentioned are Curtis and Laurin. Curtis offers cabs for Kubota, Deere and Massey subcompacts; Laurin mentions Kubota and Deere. That's per their websites... you'd have to contact them to find out if there are others offered. Any decent cab is going to be an expensive addition to a tractor. Whether it's "price worthy" is a personal value judgement. That Mahindra cab seems to be quite the deal if it's made well. Wonder if it's sourced from one of these add-on outfits or supplied by whoever is building the scuts for Mahindra.

I personally like the Kubota B2650 factory cabber, with full heat and A/C, although it's a bit larger than a scut and at a different price point.

/ SCUT with cabs #4  
Does anyone that has a SCUT with a cab care to opine about pros and cons?

Is the emax25 the only scut with a factory cab? Are there any aftermarket cabs price worthy for other scuts?

How about using a 3ph snowblower with the cab? or a MMM? Does the cab restrict the constant turning of your body?

It appears that heat comes with the emax. How effective is it? Is AC available for it, or do your take doors/windshield off in the summer?

Thanks for your comments.

What is the use?

One of the charms of an open station is its ability to maneuver and increased visibility.

Cab wise, I almost always have the AC on until it is silly cold to keep the windows from fogging up.

If you're blowing or plowing snow, then a cab is a requirement for anything further away than your own driveway.

If you're cutting, then a cab is nice to keep the dust and heat out--but that requires AC since an enclosed cab without AC will be a tractor-mounted greenhouse.

/ SCUT with cabs #5  
i have a JD 4720 and had a JD 3720. in both all cab features worked well. my only issue was that a cab makes the tractor a top heavy. the smaller the tractor, the bigger this issue becomes. the 4720 is much more stable than the 3720 but i think without a cab, it would be even better. in any event, i would not give up my cab

/ SCUT with cabs #6  
The emax has an optional factory soft-sided cab only, won't add much weight.

There are several aftermarket manufacturers of hard or soft sided cabs. I've been looking, but haven't bought one....

/ SCUT with cabs
I just seen the dealer soft cab for the emax. $700. Well worth it for snow blowing and east to remove if it's nice out. I don't want to permanently lose the open cab so this seems like the best option. Thanks for the input. Talking to dealer now about it

/ SCUT with cabs #8  
The eMax25 does come in a hard cab version. I looked at them when shopping recently. They do not come standard with heat, but it can be had as an option. There is no AC option available, at least not from the factory ... or so I was told by my local dealer.

eMax 25 HST Cab | Mahindra

/ SCUT with cabs #9  
I went from a ROPS "B" series Kubota several months ago to a B 2650 with factory cab and have never regretted the move. Yes the smaller tractors with cabs have a higher center of gravity and thus can be a little sensitive but as long as you are aware of that they are great. Its nice to mow and not have dust all over you. The A/C makes work more comfortable to say the least on hot summer Texas days. I leave the belly mower deck on most of the time and have a 500 lb ballast box or an implement on the rear all the time to again keep the CG lower and thus a more stable tractor. Bottom line is the pluses far out weigh the negatives... just be careful

/ SCUT with cabs #10  
A/C would put a pretty good draw on a 25HP motor. The heat can be relatively free though.