for those looking for an all in one piece of equipment

/ for those looking for an all in one piece of equipment #2  
Cool. I've seen a lot of Unimogs but not that configuration. Good if your prone to Road Rage!

Not too fussy about backhoes that you have to climb onto though.

/ for those looking for an all in one piece of equipment #3  
I have spent quite a bit of time on one of those SEE tractors, while handy it's not a be all, end all tool. It's more like a gross compromise on all fronts.

I found I could be far more effective moving dirt piles short distances with my little Deere 755 compact then I could with the Unimog with a lot less wear and tear on my knee (heavy clutch in the Unimog).

The hoe itself was grossly over sized for the machine it was mounted on. Even in soft soil, the hoe could drag the Unimog everywhere if you took a half decent bite with the bucket.

While it wasn't a great machine, I wish I still had it, I have a lot of jobs I could use it on right now.

Jason

/ for those looking for an all in one piece of equipment #4  
"All in one piece of equipment"?????????? Fat chance of finding that......not on this farm anyway!

/ for those looking for an all in one piece of equipment #6  
I looked at Unimogs and thought they were cool too. But, the price (at the time) and that fact that I was looking at older stuff. The new ones are great, but they're really for BIG applications (big farming). If anyone asks me what my favorite MB is I tell them "Unimog" (very few people know what one is).

I think that the closest to an all-in-one tool I've seen is the Bobcat Versahandler: V417 VersaHANDLER Telehandler - Bobcat Company But, again, expensive (attachments are skid steer priced- nearly double what most tractor folks pay for attachments; but, you're able to do a LOT of work, so who is to say what is the best value?). For my use I'm still better off with a tractor: I prefer pulling mowers rather than pushing them; but, if doing brush then pushing is best.

/ for those looking for an all in one piece of equipment #7  
Any ALL-IN-ONE machine would have to start with four large equal size tires, articulation and go from there.

/ for those looking for an all in one piece of equipment #8  
------------------------------------

I think that the closest to an all-in-one tool I've seen is the Bobcat Versahandler: V417 VersaHANDLER Telehandler - Bobcat Company But, again, expensive (attachments are skid steer priced- nearly double what most tractor folks pay for attachments; but, you're able to do a LOT of work, so who is to say what is the best value?). For my use I'm still better off with a tractor: I prefer pulling mowers rather than pushing them; but, if doing brush then pushing is best.

There is a new model out now, the V519: VersaHANDLER Tool Carrier - Bobcat Company

Bobcat-V519-Image-6.jpg

13879298_1652585438330186_6972892595366250931_n.jpg

Bobcat-V519-Image-5-1024x863.jpg

bobcat-v519-steering-mg1197-16k8-fc_mg_full.jpg

/ for those looking for an all in one piece of equipment #9  
To me, a TLB with a 3-point hitch *is* an all in one piece of equipment. I don't think there is anything practical that's more versatile.