Just Bought My First Tractor - MX5800

/ Just Bought My First Tractor - MX5800 #31  
How's the ride vs air? And is the tires filled at 75% or 40%?

75%. I don't know what it'd ride like with no fluid so I can't really comment. Seems fine though. :confused3:

/ Just Bought My First Tractor - MX5800 #32  
Congratulations on your tractor. The 5800 is a great utility tractor that will give you years of "therapy". Have fun, be safe, and keep us updated on projects and pictures are always appreciated. Welcome to the group.

/ Just Bought My First Tractor - MX5800 #33  
My dealer fills the tires with Rimgard on every tractor they sell unless you request they don't (no discount). I'm not sure I buy the marketing that it prevents all corrosion. It probably is better than CaCl but I would have also been happy with CaCl and tubes.

I would not want windshield wiper fluid/methanol. It's 6-7lbs/gal vs 10-11lbs/gal (almost 1/2 the weight). That's 500+ lbs of ballast I would loose.

:2cents:

Where I live, Rimguard is $3.45 per gallon, and $75 additional per tire for Rimguard dealer installation.
Then too: I would have to haul the tractor 160 miles round trip to the Rimguard dealer.
80 gal. of Rimguard for me would cost: $293 (w/tax), $150 for installation, $65 (est.) transportation = $508 total
Windshield Washer Fluid cost: $150 (w/tax.), $11 for TSC tire fill tool = $161 total
If I get a puncture with Rimguard I must do the whole Rimguard dealer thing again, including the 160 mile drive.
If I get a puncture with WW fluid, I can just go buy 40 gal. more of WW fluid for $60.
Yup.... 80 gal. of WW fluid weighs 528#, and Rimguard weighs 848#, but I can use my 3PT tiller, or box blade to add a LOT more weight.
The $347 saved will pay for the 68 inch "Ratchet Rake" I have been thinking about.
CaCl is heavy, and relatively cheap, but it is not for me!
I have replaced rims (they had tubes) on two tractors that had rear wheels filled with CaCl.

Last edited:
   / Just Bought My First Tractor - MX5800 #34  
Sounds like you found a good dealer! That is a big part of the puzzle. All the manufacturers have tractors that will match each others' specs (roughly). Also some paint colors seem to be more expensive than others for some reason.

As stated, we need pics or it didn't happen.

/ Just Bought My First Tractor - MX5800
Tractor came in yesterday and I'm confident I made the right choice. Mx5800 with HD bucket, rear remote, third function, hyd top link, rear LEDs,and canopy. 84" farm king box blade as well. Off to burn slash piles😀

20161212_093350_HDR.jpg

/ Just Bought My First Tractor - MX5800 #36  
Good looking machine! Have fun with it.

/ Just Bought My First Tractor - MX5800 #37  
Congrats... You bought one of the best tractors out there. You will love your MX, they are beasts..