Buying Advice To TLB or not to TLB that is the question???? SCUT or CUT

/ To TLB or not to TLB that is the question???? SCUT or CUT #51  
As a side note, I've only had mine a short time and have the luxury of storing it in a detached building with a concrete floor. If you are similarly blessed, having a dozen of those 4-wheeled little wooden furniture moving carts are great for putting under detached loaders, backhoes, etc. You can nest the attachments together, taking-up a lot less space. Also, it reduces a lot of jockeying around when you go to reattach.

/ To TLB or not to TLB that is the question???? SCUT or CUT #52  
I have a GC1720 - going with the 1720 over the 1710 gets you more horsepower, better seat, caged lights. Not sure where you're buying, but I got my 1720 for $20,000 delivered with the Agco Insurance. The reasons I went with the MF over the BX is the loader curl cylinders (2 vs 1) and the HST pedals (separate side-by-side vs. BX rocker), the insurance and the big one - dealer support; I didn't get a good feeling/feedback from the local Kubota guy vs. the MF dealer's responsiveness.

I've plucked stumps, moved debris, cleaned sediment from my creek. Future project includes bridge rebuild, French drain to pull water off a swampy (yet elevated) lawn area. God I hate clay.

/ To TLB or not to TLB that is the question???? SCUT or CUT
I guess I'm in the camp that can't see spending money on a BH unless you have routine BH work to do that isn't better handled by renting larger equipment. Between a stump bucket and forks, I've dug out every rock I've wanted to dig out and dug every hole I wanted to dig.

View attachment 489808View attachment 489809

I think there might be more justification for a BH on a SCUT or small CUT than a Larger CUT or UT. Larger CUTs or UTs can do things with stump buckets and forks that smaller CUTs or SCUTs just couldn't do with more limited weight and hydraulics. If you want to dig out a decent size stump with a SCUT you need a BH. If you want to dig out a decent size stump with a large CUT or UT with a strong loader, you don't need a back hoe.

Unless you have space restrictions requiring the small footprint of the SCUT, I'd up size the tractor and skip on the back hoe given that you don't know what you'd use the BH for anyway. There are other ways to dig an occasional hole (stump bucket), to lift logs, rocks, stumps (forks), pop rocks out of the ground (forks), dig out big stumps (stump bucket). But all of these required a stronger loader than a SCUT has.

Again, I go back to - what do you want this tractor to be able to do?

Thanks for this and yes I upsized a little to a Kubota B2601 with no BH, I appreciated all the input thanks a lot will be posting when it is delivered tomorrow. Thanks Again.