Buying Advice need advice from you Yanmar 424 owners

/ need advice from you Yanmar 424 owners #1  

johnd32

Tractor
Cub Cadet 7284
I'm looking at a new Yanmar 424 for my 15 acre hobby farm. I have a 900' gravel hilly and winding driveway that I currently snow blow with my 10 year old Cub Cadet #7284 54" front snowblower. This snowblower is the best thing about this subcompact tractor along with the Perkins diesel engine. The rest of this tractor has been a major pain in the backside. So my question to you Yanmar 424 owners--do you like it? Has it exceeded or met your expectations? Do you move snow with it and how do you move snow? The biggest drawback for me is that the 424 requires a rear snow blower and I can't imagine clearing a 900' driveway in reverse. I also use my Cub Cadet for pulling a 5'brush hog, mows the lawn with a 60" belly mower and pulls trailers and manure wagon around. I'm sure the 424 would work well for those tasks.

Comments please on how well you like your Yanmar 424. Pros AND cons.
Thanks!

/ need advice from you Yanmar 424 owners #2  
Not a Yanmar owner so I'm not an authority on this- but if you don't get any response here try posting under the Yanmar specific section of this forum. Their is also a Cub Cadet section.

/ need advice from you Yanmar 424 owners #3  
Yanmar America agricultural equipment department here with a clarification. There are front mounted attachments available for SA Series tractors like the Model 424. Including a front mounted snowblower. The front mounted implement information is not on yanmartractor.com while that group of specification sheets is being updated. That absence from the website may be the reason you thought a front mounted snowblower is not available. The one SA Series front hitch option kit works with the snowblower, a rotary broom (both of these are powered by the mid-mount PTO) and a front blade. At the moment, a front snowblower image is not available but images of the rotary broom on the front hitch are posted here. Please call Yanmar America at 800-872-2867 if you need additional information.

Yanmar FBR60 B_Page_1.jpg

Yanmar FBR60 B_Page_2.jpg

View attachment Yanmar FBR60 B.pdf

/ need advice from you Yanmar 424 owners
Yanmar America agricultural equipment department here with a clarification. There are front mounted attachments available for SA Series tractors like the Model 424. Including a front mounted snowblower. The front mounted implement information is not on yanmartractor.com while that group of specification sheets is being updated. That absence from the website may be the reason you thought a front mounted snowblower is not available. The one SA Series front hitch option kit works with the snowblower, a rotary broom (both of these are powered by the mid-mount PTO) and a front blade. At the moment, a front snowblower image is not available but images of the rotary broom on the front hitch are posted here. Please call Yanmar America at 800-872-2867 if you need additional information.

View attachment 491681

View attachment 491682

View attachment 491683
Thanks much for that clarification on the front snowblower attachment. I (and many of us) rely on the manufacturer's Website for info before going to a dealer. Up to date info is critical when we are making our buy decisions.
Thanks again.

/ need advice from you Yanmar 424 owners #5  
I am not an owner of a 424, but I do have some experience with one. I used an EX3200 two years in a row to pull the Cub Scout float. In 2015, I used a 424. It pulled the 16' equipment trailer with just as much authority as the 3200's did. I really liked the size and visibility of it.

I used one with the factory 4 post canopy. Very nice to have on a hot July day. Nice Machine.

/ need advice from you Yanmar 424 owners #6  
You should be able to get a Yanmar SB52 front mounted snowblower, I have one on my Sc2450 tractor. It is a beast. I know the SB52 blower fit the
2400, 2900 and 3100 series tractors.
Here is a video of the SB52 front mounted blower on a 342:Yanmar 324 tractor with SB52 snowblower from H. Broer Equipment Sales and Service - YouTube
The front hitch look to be different than mine, but its the same blower.
Here are the part numbers:
Snowblower:YAESB52
Front Hitch:YAEFHSC52
Drive line PTO kit:YAEDLSC52
Hyrdralic Chute Rotator:YAEHRK52

Here is a picture of my blower
IMG_1195.JPG