Buying Advice Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST?

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST? #1  

Roger66

Silver Member
Tractor
2017 Mahindra 1526, John Deere LX255
I've been looking for a tractor for a while and in my research I keep comming back to the Mahendra 1526 for my use. I like the under 26 HP engine so I don't have to deal with the extra emission controls and it helps the price also. I understand the Mahendra 1526 is made in Japan by Mitsubishi and has a Mitsubishi engine. I've seen some bad reviews about the larger Indian made tractors, but I doubt these reviews relate at all to the Japanese model I'm looking at. I haven't seem much bad about this 1526 or it's prior model 3016 I don't have a lot of land and I won't even be buying a cutter deck. I'll keep using my old JD for lawn mowing. I primarily want this tractor for loader work, Muscling firewood around, Pallet fork work. Maneuvering trailers around my property. I'll probably fill the tires and add a ballast box to maximize the loader lift. Some day I'll probably get a post hole digger and perhaps a 3 Point chipper. I think the PTO HP of this tractor is borderline for a chipper, but it should work.

Any reason I should avoid this model? according to the spec's this model has more lifting weight than comparable green/orange tractors, but spec's don't always give the full story. My biggest priority's are loader lift capacity and longevity. Of course we need to keep an eye on cost, but cost is a lower priority to getting the best machine. I've never owned a "real" tractor before so I have no experience other than tractors I've rented over the years.

Thanks for your opinions!

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST? #2  
Mitsubishi build quality is good. Specs on paper are good. Price point is good. If you're a first time buyer I would suggest looking into dealership reputation and proximity to you. I was close to buying the 1526 but opted for the Max 26 for maneuverability. Although the Max works above its weight. It doesn't compare to the 1526 which even at first glance you can see is a real tractor and not a lawn mower on steroids. Just my opinion though. Keep us posted and post pictures when you buy that bad boy, whatever brand you buy.

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST? #3  
I've been looking for a tractor for a while and in my research I keep comming back to the Mahendra 1526 for my use. I like the under 26 HP engine so I don't have to deal with the extra emission controls and it helps the price also. I understand the Mahendra 1526 is made in Japan by Mitsubishi and has a Mitsubishi engine. I've seen some bad reviews about the larger Indian made tractors, but I doubt these reviews relate at all to the Japanese model I'm looking at. I haven't seem much bad about this 1526 or it's prior model 3016 I don't have a lot of land and I won't even be buying a cutter deck. I'll keep using my old JD for lawn mowing. I primarily want this tractor for loader work, Muscling firewood around, Pallet fork work. Maneuvering trailers around my property. I'll probably fill the tires and add a ballast box to maximize the loader lift. Some day I'll probably get a post hole digger and perhaps a 3 Point chipper. I think the PTO HP of this tractor is borderline for a chipper, but it should work.

Any reason I should avoid this model? according to the spec's this model has more lifting weight than comparable green/orange tractors, but spec's don't always give the full story. My biggest priority's are loader lift capacity and longevity. Of course we need to keep an eye on cost, but cost is a lower priority to getting the best machine. I've never owned a "real" tractor before so I have no experience other than tractors I've rented over the years.

Thanks for your opinions!

I too purchased a Max 28 Shuttle Shift for maneuverability. For a manual transmission, the 8 x 8 shuttle is excellent. At least the 1526 HST is 3 Speed ranges.
If you are looking for a tractor of similar size with really good Loader specs, Look at the 2540.
254 Shuttle | Mahindra.
Korean tractor is close in quality to the Mitsubishi, Neither has fit and finish of most Kubotas, but still good machines.

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST? #4  
The 1526/3016 are great tractors and very heavy/solid. I do think the fit/finish/paint is a little below Kubota/Deere standards, but otherwise the Mahindras are good machines.

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST? #5  
I'm happy with my 1538. It's a Mitsubishi machine. The problems seem to be with the TYM machines that are a bit larger.

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST?
Heavy & Solid sounds good, Don't really care much about fit, finish & paint.

TYM Machines? What is TYM?

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST? #7  
TYM is one of the largest tractor manufactures in S Korea (I believe). They make models for others and sell their own products as well. A lot of manufactures do this to some extent- ex: JD uses a lot of Yanmar stuff. Kioti, Kubota and LS are a few that try to do everything themselves.
Bottom line is folks with that model and similar are fairly happy.

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST? #8  
the 1528 is a relabeled 3016. Go to the Mahindra forum and do a search for the 3016. I don't think you''ll find a single complaint and you'll find all raves.

I've had my 3016 for 3 summers and I'm into my 3rd winter now and have found it flawless. It's rugged, very capable and dependable. it's performance specs beat about everything in it's size range. Mine starts like it's summer even a sub zero (F) temps. Being made by Mitsubishi, it's quality is very good. Mitsu has been making diesels for a long, long time. Generally speaking the Mitsu made Mahindras are considered to be of a higher quality than the Indian or Korean made Mahindra machines.

In my opinion, you will not go wrong with the 1526.

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST?
One strange thing I see in the specs. the Max 26XL HST shows 20 PTO HP, but the 1526 HST shows only 18.5 PTO HP. Both show 25.6 Engine HP. I thought these two machines had the same Mitsu 26 HP engine. It's not a huge difference, but one of the chippers I was eyeing up calls for 19 PTO HP, so the 18.5 number was bugging me. Any ideas?

Thanks

/ Anything to say good/bad about a Mahendra 1526 HST? #10  
One strange thing I see in the specs. the Max 26XL HST shows 20 PTO HP, but the 1526 HST shows only 18.5 PTO HP. Both show 25.6 Engine HP. I thought these two machines had the same Mitsu 26 HP engine. It's not a huge difference, but one of the chippers I was eyeing up calls for 19 PTO HP, so the 18.5 number was bugging me. Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm thinking that it has to be because of the trans difference, 2 speed vs 3 speed. Something inside is robbing that additional power.

I really like the 1526 machines, size and capabilities are nice.

One other thing that I would like to point out, has nothing to do with the 1526. Many people say that they don't care for the Indian made Mahindra tractors and that fit and finish is sub par and sort of bare bones machines. But then when questioned about what model it is that they were looking at, it almost always ends up being one of the economy models. Of course the economy models are not as refined as the more deluxe units. I'm not saying that these deluxe units are flawless, just not as bad as what people make them out to be.

For the OP, the 1526 is a great machine, my favorite of all the 1500 series machines. :thumbsup: