Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #181  
I got the piranhaView attachment 498678 bar in while I was in AZ on a business trip. Man that thing is awesome
Looking heavy duty & yeah it's very sharp. I can't wait to get it down by the river. I think it'"" make quick work of the saplings for sure.

Careful clearing along a waterway, erosion can get you in trouble. Have you checked out what soil types you are dealing with?

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP
100% agree. It's all clay & rock base but from floods it has a ton of sand. It'll be a great area to make loamy soil. As soon as I clear it of the briers & saplings, i'll be planting it heavy in rye grass. Come spring i'll mow it & lighly tear it up then hit it with a mixture of vetch, clover, other nitrogen fixers, & game feeds.

We're going to chop & drop everything. It'lol serve multiple purposes including erosion control, green manure for amending soil, & wildlife foods.

Once established we'll harvest soil & compost Periodically in small sections, overseed & build it again. When they river floods as it periodically does, we'll get new deposits of sand to start amending. all over again :cool:

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #183  
I concur if Kubota dealer is within twenty miles of your property.

Don't buy a minimum capacity tractor. You seldom (seldom, not NEVER) want to operate tractors routinely at over 80% of capacity or your repair bills go up.

And you are in the Blue Ridge. Tractor weight yields stability on slopes.

BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR.

May I ask what do you mean minimum capacity?

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #184  
100% agree. It's all clay & rock base but from floods it has a ton of sand. It'll be a great area to make loamy soil. As soon as I clear it of the briers & saplings, i'll be planting it heavy in rye grass. Come spring i'll mow it & lighly tear it up then hit it with a mixture of vetch, clover, other nitrogen fixers, & game feeds.

We're going to chop & drop everything. It'lol serve multiple purposes including erosion control, green manure for amending soil, & wildlife foods.

Once established we'll harvest soil & compost Periodically in small sections, overseed & build it again. When they river floods as it periodically does, we'll get new deposits of sand to start amending. all over again :cool:

Somebody did their homework A++

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #185  
Check out local dealers first, you will need parts and service. Jap tractors parts $$.

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #186  
Pardon me I'm new here. I didn't mean to be rude and butt in

/ Trying to buy a tractor - 3 options has me confused on best value for my use - HELP #187  
Pardon me I'm new here. I didn't mean to be rude and butt in

No worries. Rarely is anyone "invited" into a discussion. We all butt in. :)

Welcome to TBN neighbor. 60 miles North of you. You happen to know Rick Berry?