Buying Advice New tractor purchase.

/ New tractor purchase. #21  
Sounds like you ignored your gut. I've done that many times. Sometimes you get away with it but when you don't it doesn't sit well.

My course of action would be to get out of the "bad decision" even if it cost some money upfront and consider it money well spent. Life is short and this problem tractor has the potential to get worse.

:2cents:

This is among the best advice I have ever received and in turn, given to others in a similar situation.

/ New tractor purchase. #23  
I wonder how big a hit I would have to take trading it in for a Kubota or Deere.

Buy a Kubota.
Haggle for the best price you can and then figure out what you could sell it for on your own. Then, just do the deal and get over it. I did, and the "loss" amortized over the years is not that bad.

Also, there are some excellent used Kubotas around if you look and are willing to spend time negotiating with an owner or dealer.

/ New tractor purchase.
Buy a Kubota.
Haggle for the best price you can and then figure out what you could sell it for on your own. Then, just do the deal and get over it. I did, and the "loss" amortized over the years is not that bad.

Also, there are some excellent used Kubotas around if you look and are willing to spend time negotiating with an owner or dealer.

Yup. Been there. I've owned two Kubota Tractors in the past. A L35 TLB. A L3710 with loader and aftermarket backhoe. A John Deere 210C. A Bobcat B300. And a couple of old Ford tractors, 851 Powermaster and 9N. All bought used. Had no problems with the Kubotas.

This time I thought I'd go new. Went with closest dealer who had good service on other things I had bought for him. I guess he's selling the wrong tractors. LOL

Last edited:
   / New tractor purchase. #25  
I wonder how big a hit I would have to take trading it in for a Kubota or Deere.

A financial hit only hurts once. It's soon forgotten. Buying and operating a machine that won't do what you want hurts every time you use it.

Buying a Kubota or Deere is buying an asset. They don't depreciate as quickly as other brands. Buying a good used machine may make you money in the long run. Don't let your happiness and enjoyment be hampered by this boat anchor. Get what you can get for it and move on. Life is too short.

/ New tractor purchase.
Thank you for your advice gentlemen. I would like to hear more, any other member comments or advice as well. I will see how long it takes them to get the tractor back to me. And find out what was wrong with it. Then I will talk with dealer about what he can do for me as far as buying it back. If he even will. I doubt it. But I am very concerned I have got a lemon here. I have bought many items from him over the years. Simplicity Broadmore lawn mower, Husqvarna chainsaw, Stihl chainsaw, Stihl weedeater, Stihl combi-unit, ALS Wood Splitter, etc., etc. He is a good guy. And they have good service. Tough call, but I am not happy with the tractor. I think Mahindra has a quality control problem.

Any advice on how to approach my dealer with the fact that I am not happy with the tractor and want out of it? I don't want to go the legal route. I would like to remain on good terms with him. Remain a customer of his. He sells other things I will be buying in the future and I want them to continue to service my other stuff. So I plan on explaining those things right there to him in the near future. Appreciate your time folks.

/ New tractor purchase. #27  
Thank you for your advice gentlemen. I would like to hear more, any other member comments or advice as well. I will see how long it takes them to get the tractor back to me. And find out what was wrong with it. Then I will talk with dealer about what he can do for me as far as buying it back. If he even will. I doubt it. But I am very concerned I have got a lemon here. I have bought many items from him over the years. Simplicity Broadmore lawn mower, Husqvarna chainsaw, Stihl chainsaw, Stihl weedeater, Stihl combi-unit, ALS Wood Splitter, etc., etc. He is a good guy. And they have good service. Tough call, but I am not happy with the tractor. I think Mahindra has a quality control problem. Any advice on how to approach my dealer with the fact that I am not happy with the tractor and want out of it? I don't want to go the legal route. I would like to remain on good terms with him. Remain a customer of his. He sells other things I will be buying in the future and I want them to continue to service my other stuff. So I plan on explaining those things right there to him in the near future. Appreciate your time folks.

Tell him your concerns. No other way to approach the issue and find out his view. There isn't a handbook on uncomfortable discussions, well maybe President ***** has one.....

/ New tractor purchase.
His view is they will fix it. He can not buy it back. His back up plan was to loan me another tractor. A Kubota. Go figure. Right.

I explained to him I bought a new tractor so I wouldn't have problems, it only has 250hours. He said they will take care of it. That is what the warranty is for. I said what good does a new tractor do me if I don't have my tractor? (Several times in the first 10 months)

/ New tractor purchase.
I sent an e-mail to a Mahindra person. I explained the situation and that I do not have my tractor, again.

These problems consist of:

1. Hydraulic leaks. Many. This hydraulic fluid ends up on my property. And continues to.

2. Steering problems. Bolts had fallen completely out of the steering mechanism where it connects to frame of tractor. I was
told best not to drive it. (Ya think?) And they need to take it. More time I couldn't do anything.

3. Power lead problems to battery. Severe corrosion. More loss time when it won't start.

4. "Bogging down" loss of hydraulic power, preventing me from doing anything further.

5. Transmission problem. Complete loss of low gear. Tractor will not go into gear.

I also explained that they have had my tractor for the last six days. It is still apart at dealership and mechanic is out of work today.

That in the mechanics own words at another time I had a problem and asked what was taking so long, he said, "they have sold well over 100 tractors and I am the only mechanic who works on the tractors. I'm overwhelmed. Hopefully he will get another one trained."

How long I will be without my tractor is anyone's guess.

Disappointed Mahindra owner.

/ New tractor purchase. #30  
Did the dealership give you the loaner Kubota?