Comparison LS ranked best tractor supplier.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #21  
I looked at LS and the local guy basically had a rinky-dink operation and wanted sticker price.
2 local Kubota guys were offended when I called and asked price on something they didn't have and quoted sticker "if" they could get it.
Kubota an hour away said I will look and call you back. He looked for an hour and called back $3000 less than the other 2 idiots.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #22  
I doubt they are worried about Mahindra just yet -- Kubota has over 50% market share in the US, Deere is #2, and *everyone else combined* is a distant third.
Where are you getting those numbers?
How current are they ?
I'd like to see it. Can you supply a link.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #23  
If I were at TYM, Snapper or a few other low scorers, I'd be concerned. Impressive how well LS did with parts availability. They seem to "get it" and don't seem to be taking anything for granted. There are two LS dealers along the Route 95 corridor here but nothing within almost two hours of me.
For a full line mfg, John Deere seemed to do well.

I read the LS website. I'd say they accomplished what they set out to do:
Our Commitment To Excel With A Strong Dealer Network

About LS Tractor We understand your level of satisfaction in purchasing a tractor is in large part based on your experience with the dealer. That’s why we strive to select dealers who are as committed to providing exceptional customer satisfaction as we are. Our dealers are an extension of our company so we provide them with very high levels of personal support. As a result, they receive in-person, hands-on support from our expert service technicians and can directly contact our CEO to resolve any issues or to suggest improvements.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #24  
I read the LS website.

Me, too ... and I wish they would update it to reflect their current offerings. The XR3037 has not been available for some time now, unless you can find an unsold one somewhere. They stopped making them last year, replacing them with the 3135. Yet, the 3037 is still there, as are others I suspect have been since discontinued or replaced. So there's one area LS could improve - website updates.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #25  
My closes LS dealer is over 2 hours away (out of state) and part of a used car dealership in Rapid City.

Next closest is 4.5 hours away, also out of state in Ft Collins, CO.

There are at least 4-5 JD dealerships within 2 hours.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #26  
Where are you getting those numbers?
How current are they ?
I'd like to see it. Can you supply a link.

I've ween plenty of people make claims like this but never did they actually provide any proof.

Reminds me of the guys from California who make claims about how they support the feds, but if you ask for proof they never have any and claim you are derailing the thread even though they are the ones who made the statement.

I have no doubt that LS, Mahindra, etc are alright machines but the poor dealer network will always hurt them. Selling tractors form used car lots, motorcycle dealerships, marine dealers, etc.. is not the same as a full service tractor dealer with implements. I can see them being popular in some areas but as far as big farming areas I doubt they will do much as the other brands are so much more popular and I've never seen a real farm operation with LS tractors doing the work which makes sense as the biggest machines they make is not even 100 hp. That might work on little 40 acre farms back East but not for farmers who run much larger operations.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #27  
Me, too ... and I wish they would update it to reflect their current offerings. The XR3037 has not been available for some time now, unless you can find an unsold one somewhere. They stopped making them last year, replacing them with the 3135. Yet, the 3037 is still there, as are others I suspect have been since discontinued or replaced. So there's one area LS could improve - website updates.

I just purchased a XR3135HC. When I was looking my dealer mentioned the 3037 but said it was only a couple of hundred dollars more for the 3135. When I spoke to the factory rep 2 years ago at the Louisville Farm Show he said they would be available until they used up all the engines they had. If people like myself are going with the 3135 instead, they might still be available. That was the impression I got from my dealer.
But in general I agree that overall they could improve their website and dealer locator.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #28  
I've ween plenty of people make claims like this but never did they actually provide any proof.
So have I.
I've been seeing these same figures thrown around on this site for well over a decade and have never seen any proof, let alone any current figure proof.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #29  
We actually bought ours from the assembly and distribution center in Dubois, IL. I went there looking for a 3037, and the guy who runs it told me he'd just shipped out the last one a few weeks earlier, and couldn't get anymore as they were no longer making them. That's how we ended up with a 3135. This was in August of last year. I'm certainly not disappointed with the XR3135HC, though.

That was a pretty cool place, too. It's a working farm run by a father/son. Father was a green tractor saleman for 30+ years, became disenchanted with them, and started selling LS. He liked the company so much, he opened an assembly and distribution center on their property. It's a good-size metal building surrounded by everything from engines on frames in crates, to loaders and cabs in crates, to fully assembled tractors. A veritable sea of blue there.

Ski Equipment satellite pic.jpg

This is an older pic from Google. When we were there, the whole area to the left of and behind the silos was full of larger XU & P series assembled tractors.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #30  
The Bobcat dealer I bought my tractor from picked up LS after Bobcat tractors died
They are selling a ton of them