Buying Advice Upgrades from b2710, to what

/ Upgrades from b2710, to what #1  

mlh29

Tractor
Kubota B2710hst, Kubota zd323
I have been using a 2004 kubota b2710 since 2006. Original plans were to mow and maintain about 4 acres. Fast forward to present and the b2710 is too small. Currently have 95 acres of overgrown farmland, trees and wet areas. I am trying to trade the kubota in for a newer bigger tractor.. possibly a kioti ck35 to a ck4010 to do stuff around the house and a larger cab tractor like a used dk55 shuttle. I am not a farmer. I plan to get a garden going, clean up the acreage, snow removal, and general dirt work. I'm on a budget, soon to be military retired. Is a 2 tractor plan viable or would you say get a bigger tractor and use it for everything.

/ Upgrades from b2710, to what #2  
You have upgraded the property size quite a bit! You would see a big difference in the 40hp tractor referenced to your current Kubota. Currently I have two tractors available for use and really like the setup(s).

If you really want a cab (or without cab), you could keep your Kubota and go directly to an additional 45-60 hp cab tractor to help withal that increased acerage. The kubota's paid off and you won't lose anything in trade and it will still be useful for many tasks. Best of luck

/ Upgrades from b2710, to what #3  
I've a B7610 (23 HP) and find it complements my M4700 (50HP) very nicely. I too would recommend you keep the b2710 and go directly to a second 40 to 60 HP tractor.

/ Upgrades from b2710, to what #4  
I agree with the other posters, keep yours and buy a second. the two tractor plan is a good one. I would move up to a smaller utility tractor unless you need HST.

/ Upgrades from b2710, to what
I liked the b2710. I am trying to find something a little bit bigger to more effectively run a 5 ft brush hog and with more loader capacity. I have found a 2009 dk55 with cab , loader, back blade, box blade, post hole auger, trenching bucket, forks, and a hydraulic hammer for around 28k. I am thinking about trading the kubota in for a ck 4010hst with loader and possibly a 6ft medium duty brush hog for the dk55. Only other larger tractors I am considering is a ls 4155, or a rx7320, both low hour used with cabs.

/ Upgrades from b2710, to what #6  
When you talk about trading the Kubota is it urgent that you do so? Have you thought about taking a little bit of time first and trying to sell it on your own? By and large I find that when you trade with dealers you lose an automatic 2-3k. Is the tractor that you are thinking about trading on a new one? If so there always seems to be new ones on hand so you could give selling yours a shot.

As far as going with 2 units if you have the means I have no problem with that. I have 3 myself and each has its chores and needs. My smallest tractor is used for mowing in my orchard. My medium one is for light tillage work and raking hay. My biggest one runs my tree spade for my nursery business, baling hay and now removing snow I hope. As of right now I need all 3 sizes.

/ Upgrades from b2710, to what #7  
One other thing is timing - Get the big tractor now and wait to sell the b2710 in the spring with high demand, then replace it in the fall/winter when the bargains start popping up again.

/ Upgrades from b2710, to what #8  
I agree with the other posters, keep yours and buy a second. the two tractor plan is a good one. I would move up to a smaller utility tractor unless you need HST.

It is really useful having two different size tractors.

/ Upgrades from b2710, to what #9  
MLH29: Fill in your TBN PROFILE.

Your location tells us your altitude, hints at soil type, typography, growing season, rain/mud and regional popularity of tractor brands.