Price Check Information and pricing on old road grader

/ Information and pricing on old road grader #1  

naterackers

Tractor
Allis Chalmers D17
We recently purchased an older pull type road grader from another family member. The problem is, we don't know the make,model or its value. I have attached a picture of the entire grader and also one that shows a 'ME' logo that shows up on some of the parts. Any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Attachments

• grader.png
    grader.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_4324.JPG
    IMG_4324.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 272
   / Information and pricing on old road grader #2  
I had one like that and it had a brass plate on the machine that gave instructions on the operation. It went to China when scrap was around 300 dollars. Mine still had the steel front wheels which flopped at a angle to keep the blade pulling straight.

/ Information and pricing on old road grader
I'm not sure this one ever had any front wheels to start with...

/ Information and pricing on old road grader #4  
I saved a larger grader from 2458n's scrappers last Summer.

Love this stuff. It's our heritage.

/ Information and pricing on old road grader #5  
I saved a larger grader from 2458n's scrappers last Summer.

Love this stuff. It's our heritage.

I cannot imagine anyone scrapping one of those old pull behind graders.
I just wish that I had one!

/ Information and pricing on old road grader #6  
I can't imagine that you couldn't sell one, any day, any time, for more then scrap value.

I'm so jealous!

Maybe someone can explain, why grader wheels can go slanted as they do? Are they counter acting the sideways pulling effect of the mould board?

Did you take delivery by helicopter?

/ Information and pricing on old road grader
I can't imagine that you couldn't sell one, any day, any time, for more then scrap value.

I'm so jealous!

Maybe someone can explain, why grader wheels can go slanted as they do? Are they counter acting the sideways pulling effect of the mould board?

Did you take delivery by helicopter?

We loaded it with a portable crane rig. I just can't find any plates or markings to figure out the brand

/ Information and pricing on old road grader #8  
I love that ultra professional seat. But it's not the high back DELUXE version with arm rests and lumbar support.

/ Information and pricing on old road grader #9  
We loaded it with a portable crane rig. I just can't find any plates or markings to figure out the brand

If you want to take the time, shoot half a dozen pics from various angles. Then start a thread on the Heavy Equipment Forum website. Those guys will tell you all about your new grader!!!! Great bunch of people over there.

Here's a link to that website.

Motor Graders | Heavy Equipment Forums

/ Information and pricing on old road grader #10  
I cannot imagine anyone scrapping one of those old pull behind graders.
I just wish that I had one!

I feel very honored to have it. I grew up around the old man that was the operator. He was like a Grandpa to me.

A lot of American heritage is now in cheap China made hammers that you can buy at Wal-Mart.......

Don't want to take away from the OP's machine, but here's a pic of mine with my Son running it. It's a CAT Model 35 made in the 1930's.

20160912_161511 (1280x720).jpg

20160924_140939 (1280x720).jpg