Buying Advice What Is Happening With Kioti?

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #11  
Cant speak for the DK --10 models but I am about 3 years in with a DK40SE with no issues. Very solid and reliable machine.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #12  
Have not had a single problem with mine...2013mfg date..DK45SE HST Cab, coming up on 4 years ownership.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti?
When you look a comparable models from other manufacturers are there also so many negative reviews?

I looked at the Kubotas. They had significantly fewer issues in the last 10 reviews but perhaps a little more overall.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti?
Am I looking in the wrong place ??
I went to the review section and I'm not see widespread substantial problems.
I'm seeing occasional so-so reviews, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Reviews appear to similar to what they have always been in the past from what I can see.

You are correct. Initially, I got to the longer list of reviews in a little more round about way. Just now I went directly from the brand list on the initial review page and there was only 1 in the yellow (green is best). Looking below the first 10 in the list, 5 of the next 7 are in the yellow - these were included in the list I got in the less direct way. Thanks for pointing it out. Interestingly, if you look at the rest on that page - did not count but probably 20+ more - there was only 1 in the yellow. Aside from that one period from October 2015 into April 2016 the reviews are great. Yeah Kioti.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #15  
My 2012 Kioti DK40 has been flawless.Just like my 2008 Kioti Dk 40 was.I traded for 2012 no buyers remorse yet.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    961.9 KB · Views: 214
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    1,015 KB · Views: 241
   / What Is Happening With Kioti? #16  
My wife and I joke about reviews posted on the internet. Nearly always there is a large group that believes a product is the best thing they ever tried. Another, usually smaller group thinks the product is OK. Then a group nearly the size of the one that gives the product a "AAA" rating thinks the product is complete junk.

We see the value of reviews in the details. For example, if a certain group of window air conditioners have refrigerant leaks reported in significant numbers - that's an indication of a problem we'd want to avoid. Stray comments like "The cord should be twelve inches longer" or "The color doesn't match the picture on their website" get ignored.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #17  
Don't see how anyone could reach conclusions about overall quality of any brand based on comments in a forum like this. First, there are no accurate market shares for the different brands made public, as discussed in another recent thread. So, if a brand with 10% of the market gets 10x the "trouble comments" of one with 1% share, they are really about equal, for whatever that tells us, but lacking that information, you could easily reach a different judgement. Equally important, comments like that are "anecdotal"... you don't know anything about the circumstances, so it's hard to generalize. Plus, Chim's observation about who will comment sounds about right to me.

I would tend to trust the word of experienced owners who have been operating their tractors for some time. On that score, Kioti has some strong credentials... there are many such Kioti owners who speak well about their equipment. Even though I'm a long time Kubota owner whose equipment has been totally reliable, if I were in the market for a tractor today, Kioti would be on my short list right along with Kubota and a couple of others.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #18  
So how many of those posting in this thread that have enjoyed great service from their Kioti have posted reviews here?

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #19  
So how many of those posting in this thread that have enjoyed great service from their Kioti have posted reviews here?

Not I sir.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #20  

Not I!

I like others put no faith in reviews posted but much rather take the word of posters with some record behind them. Post count, time owned or at the least time as a member on a forum or at the very least some common sense showing threw on their posts along with a history of stated ownership of other machines that they can make reasonable comparisons with.
So the first time buyer with 50 hours on the clock has virtually no impact on my decision making compared to the 35 year owner who has had several brands and is showing 700 hours or more on his latest machine