Buying Advice What Is Happening With Kioti?

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #1  

RidgeHiker

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti DK5010 with KL5510 Loader & 72" Bucket. Kawasaki Mule Pro MX SE with 66" snow plow.
Just looked at Kiotis in the Reviews section. Out of the 10 most recent submissions, starting in 2015, half of the owners had substantial problems. Prior to that there most of the reviews were positive with sporadic complaints.
Looking at a new DK4510 or DK5010 but a little uncertain of possible lowering of quality. Any thoughts on the subject?
Currently have an older Kioti with over 200 hours and few issues.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #2  
I have 250 hours on mine and no problems at all.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #3  
Can only speak for myself but I have had zero problems with mine, it has only about 85 hours on it and no complaints with my dealer. Bob

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #4  
I have 430 hours on my 2012 and the only two issues were solved free (warranty work). Neither of the issues did NOT stop me from doing the job at hand.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #5  
Probably has a lot to do with the new tier 4 stuff. I would think all the manufacturers are having a fun time working all the bugs out of them.
I'm not a tier 4 fan in compact tractors it just seems silly and unnecessary. I hope the manufacturers can get it worked out and continue making good tractors and not just through in the towel.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #6  
Probably has a lot to do with the new tier 4 stuff. I would think all the manufacturers are having a fun time working all the bugs out of them.
I'm not a tier 4 fan in compact tractors it just seems silly and unnecessary. I hope the manufacturers can get it worked out and continue making good tractors and not just through in the towel.

Agreed...
There are probably more issues than we know about that are probably not major in issue but irritating none the less...
A friend of mine purchased a Kubota L 3301 over the 2501 based on my suggestion...
We discussed the Tier 4 deal but so far he has over 50 trouble free hours...
My Workmaster 50 has close to 75 trouble free hours on an EGR Catalytic System...
I think that eventually they will get it worked out...
Who knows the EPA may scale back off road emissions requirements for larger tractors in the future...
Not holding my breath though...

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #7  
Just looked at Kiotis in the Reviews section. Out of the 10 most recent submissions, starting in 2015, half of the owners had substantial problems. Prior to that there most of the reviews were positive with sporadic complaints.
Looking at a new DK4510 or DK5010 but a little uncertain of possible lowering of quality. Any thoughts on the subject?
Currently have an older Kioti with over 200 hours and few issues.

When you look a comparable models from other manufacturers are there also so many negative reviews?

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #8  
Am I looking in the wrong place ??
I went to the review section and I'm not see widespread substantial problems.
I'm seeing occasional so-so reviews, but nothing out of the ordinary.
Reviews appear to similar to what they have always been in the past from what I can see.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #9  
Reviews of any product or service, especially internet based reviews, are skewed towards those reviewers that are dissatisfied. A higher percentage of displeased consumers post reviews than happy customers. It's called human nature.

/ What Is Happening With Kioti? #10  
I have a CK27 little over a year old now with 450 hrs running good but when it was new it didn't want to stop when the HST pedal was released so I was without it for 3 days while they put a new transmission in. Over all seems like a solid tractor nothing has come loose or broke and I spend a lot of time logging with it.