Tractor Sizing Lookin' For New tractor 36 Acres (Open to Suggestion)

/ Lookin' For New tractor 36 Acres (Open to Suggestion) #21  
If you do enough research that does not need to be the case:)

I found my first tractor to be EXACTLY what I wanted..I ordered it that way.

Biggest mistake folks make is not buying enough tractor the first time, and not getting a cab first go around, when that is what the really wanted...do a lot of pissing into the wind before they get it right;)

My first buy was replaced by larger tractor with cab. Just verify hp needed for equipment you want before you decide on tractor. To me equipment tells you what size tractor you need. All equipment does not come in all hp sizes.

/ Lookin' For New tractor 36 Acres (Open to Suggestion) #23  
I think so far you have been given great advice on size / weight for the chores you want to do. I also agree on doing good research & planning to get it right the first time.

If Dad & I had it to do over again we would have stepped up to a DK40 vs the CK35 we have. It was a split decision. I wanted the DK, he wanted the CK and since it was his money - he won. :laughing:
We have since had a reversal of sorts. He admits bigger would have been nicer & I admit this one does everything we *need* not just everything I want (also still a kid at heart so I understand you there too).

I second the comments about having someone come in with a forestry mulcher and mow the saplings first time around. I think you'll end up with more Cutter to do that one job than you'll need over a lifetime. Plus used medium duty RC's can usually be found fairly inexpensive - leaving more $ for the tractor & upgrades (more rear remotes, 3rd function for grapple, etc).

I haven't seen anyone address this yet so I'll throw it out here
Jobs To Do:
-dig up septic line, dig footings

*** if it cant do this I'll have to rent something later on, so this isn't critical.

Unless this is something that's going to be an ongoing project or you have other legitimate uses down the road, you're probably better off to either rent a Mini Ex or hire the work out. A BH is a high dollar attachment to invest in if all you ever use it for is a counterweight.

Now I'm not saying you don't need it and Lord knows I would LOVE to have one myself so I understand the desire, but I would suggest taking a hard look at what you really can & will do with it vs what you're going to pay for it.

My Granddaddy used to say "If you want it & you have the money for it - wait 3 days. Then if you still want it & still have the money go get it"

Best of luck with your purchase & welcome to TBN