Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive?

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive? #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
Just looked at a used B2650 and noticed that it was difficult
to operate the loader smoothly. The tractor would jump around
during the operation.

Wonder if this is normal for this model?

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive? #2  
I'd say , in my case (B2620), that my skill in operation has more to do with it than the FEL itself. Sometimes, when not thinking, I'm running the rpm too high. But as I get further into the task, things start smoothing out.
Cheers,
Mike

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive? #3  
I do find that the joystick is a little harder to "feather" than the two-lever system on my old JD750.

If I need to be REALLY precise (like working with the forks) I'll use both hands, one near the base of the lever to act as a sort of brake, and a gentle touch on the top.

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive? #4  
I do find that the joystick is a little harder to "feather" than the two-lever system on my old JD750.

If I need to be REALLY precise (like working with the forks) I'll use both hands, one near the base of the lever to act as a sort of brake, and a gentle touch on the top.

Yes, I forgot..........two hands for me too when being careful/precise. But I've never had anything else to compare with.

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive? #5  
Happens quite frequently with our B2650, a little high quality lube down where the valve is and its smooth as butter.

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive?
Happens quite frequently with our B2650, a little high quality lube down where the valve is and its smooth as butter.

Are you using a spray lube on the moving parts on the FEL control valve? Just making sure I understand the fix. Thanks for the information.

Just noticed that you also ahve a b7800. How would you compare these 2 models? Do you think the 2650 can adequately replace the 7800 with higher HP?

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive? #7  
Are you using a spray lube on the moving parts on the FEL control valve? Just making sure I understand the fix. Thanks for the information.

Just noticed that you also ahve a b7800. How would you compare these 2 models? Do you think the 2650 can adequately replace the 7800 with higher HP?

Spray where the control lever pivots and the 2 points where it connects to the valve.

The 2650 is just as capable as the 7800 maybe even a little more. The loader has a higher capacity and the BH77 backhoe is great for tight spots. 3pt can lift more. As far as power, ours handles a 6" PTO chipper, 5' rototiller and a 7' brush hog just as well as the 7800.

Any other questions just ask me.

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive?
Thanks. Sounds as if the 2650 has plenty of hp.

The FEL was a concern. It really jerked the tractor around with an empty bucket and gentle manuvering.

It has R4's that are loaded. I run turf tires on the 7800. Wondering if the r4's
will do more damage on the lawn?

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive? #9  
We run across lawns daily with R4's, they don't tare it up any more than the turfs do, unless you spin a tire.

/ Kubota B2650 FEL operation real sensitive? #10  
It has R4's that are loaded. I run turf tires on the 7800. Wondering if the r4's
will do more damage on the lawn?

The R4s can do more damage if the ground is soft/muddy. I try to stay off my lawn with my L3200 (loaded R4s) in those conditions. The turf tires on my smaller Deere and the worksite tires on my RTV will also leave marks under those conditions, so no tire is perfect, but the loaded R4s definitely make more of an impression in the ground.

When the ground is dry, the R4s are fine.