I need help deciding HP needed

/ I need help deciding HP needed #21  
Using a dozer is good advice. Even with the tractors that me and brother in law have (NH2310, my Kubota B26 and my LS P7010) it is still advantageous for us to hire a dozer to do dirt leveling and ditching. It comes out cheaper in the long run and no damage to our tractors. We have a lot of hidden rocks here and even a D5 dozer sometimes stalls when they hit the large ones. I have broken a good share of box blade scarifiers on large rocks prior to just hiring a dozer for larger moving projects. I still use the box blade to level small plots when needed.

My back hoe has been indispensable for digging up rocks, putting in water lines, digging holes to plant trees etc. I had a pretty large disposable income when I bought it so it was a new toy, but after purchasing, it is now my go to tractor for most work. I would much rather have a smaller tractor with a backhoe than a larger size with only an FEL.

/ I need help deciding HP needed #22  
. . . I would much rather have a smaller tractor with a backhoe than a larger size with only an FEL.

Me too. My little BX23 has taught me the truth of that statement. I never knew how many uses I'd find for the backhoe until I got it, even one as small as the BX23.

I'd LOVE to have a B26, which seems like the perfect size to me. It's big enough to do serious work, but small enough to fit almost anywhere.

/ I need help deciding HP needed #23  
Me too. My little BX23 has taught me the truth of that statement. I never knew how many uses I'd find for the backhoe until I got it, even one as small as the BX23.

I'd LOVE to have a B26, which seems like the perfect size to me. It's big enough to do serious work, but small enough to fit almost anywhere.

Used L35 would be a handy 2'nd tractor.
TractorHouse.com | KUBOTA L35 For Sale

Sell the little BH, keep the BX

/ I need help deciding HP needed #24  

I agree 100%
I love having my backhoe!
I like the convenience of having it on hand whenever I need it, awesome tool with many uses.

/ I need help deciding HP needed #25  
I would consider a skid steer instead of tractor. You get done clearing ground sell or trade.

/ I need help deciding HP needed #26  
I like doing as much as possible myself, but I'm getting pretty good (I think) at recognizing the point at which it makes sense to bring in a dozer or decent size excavator. It is amazing how fast a good operator can move dirt, in the end it usually costs less than I expect.