any experiences or thoughts about the Kubota M135GX front wheel assist tractor???

/ any experiences or thoughts about the Kubota M135GX front wheel assist tractor??? #1  

TRAVMAN

Tractor
JD 4230
i've never owned a FWA, this would be my main use it every day loader tractor for everything u can imagine.
looking into buying a new Kubota because it doesn't have the DEF, and its alot less $ than JD and Case for the same HP and specs, tell me all your experiences or thoughts about this tractor good, bad, ugly.... go... thanks

/ any experiences or thoughts about the Kubota M135GX front wheel assist tractor??? #2  
I don't believe there are many users on this site that have a machine this large. There may be a handful, but newagtalk.com might be a better bet. Kubota makes a decent tractor but becareful when you compare across brands. I found out that the compareable kubota to my deere was over 1500lbs lighter. Instant deal breaker for me. The 0% for 72 that deere was doing at the time was a nice addition as well.

/ any experiences or thoughts about the Kubota M135GX front wheel assist tractor??? #3  
We bought the M126 and it has the front wheel assist. Pretty neat feature, especially when windrowing our crazy shaped fields. Makes those tight turns much easier.
We have about 500 hours on ours, and the only thing that has been a problem was the power steering pump. I do agree with the above post about being light. We added wheel weights and fluid filled tires and it still feels like it needs more. It's been a great machine overall.

/ any experiences or thoughts about the Kubota M135GX front wheel assist tractor??? #4  
Dairy farmer round the road has two of them and buying a third one soon, if that's not a recommendation I don't know what is. He said they are good on the loader and mowing, feeding silage etc. Cheaper than the competition and about the right weight for the size, it gets pretty wet in the winter so it's either duals or lighter tractors. He says they're basic which he likes for training new staff to operate them.

/ any experiences or thoughts about the Kubota M135GX front wheel assist tractor??? #5  
I have a M135GX with a little over 900 hours. So far it has been excellent for me. I had one problem - the coupler between the driveshaft and front axle input slid back at about 500 hours and I was without MFWD until my dealer got the parts but Kubota covered everything including anything that might have had wear due to partial contact as the coupler slid back. I use mine for everything from tillage to high PTO load forage chopping to moving bales. I have complained about the 4th to 5th power shift being jerky while all power shifts on our 2 Deeres are smooth; however, the Deere are Power Quads - 4 power shifts in each range. The Kubota has the same number of gears as our JD 7720 but in 3 ranges instead of 6. So the shift that is abrupt - on Kubota the transmission has a power range shift so shifting from 4th to 5th involves 2 clutch packs - one to shift from low to high range and the other from 4th back to first gear. To accomplish this shift on the Deere (remember it is the push of a button on the Kubota), I have to clutch and manually shift ranges, not an easy lever movement on the Deere. Also in temperatures below about 10 degrees shifting can require warming up for about 20 minutes. I haven't really had this problem on my M135GX - if its that cold I stay inside. My nephew, however, has a M110GX with the same basic transmission and on below zero days he starts the tractor when he finishes milking cows, goes inside for breakfast, and then is able to use it without any shift hesitancy. I bought mine on impulse - I was at the dealer and got a quote, I asked my wife and she gave the okay so I signed. If buying again I would go for the optional 520R38 tires instead of the standard 480R38. Otherwise mine is equipped with virtually every option in the book except for front suspension.