Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors?

/ Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? #1  

Cavjock22

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6060, Bushhog 3210, Deere offset disk, Deere B drill, forks, bucket
Looking at Kubota M5 091 vs Deere 5085E for 15 or 12 foot batwing work and offset disking...
Seems like the E from Deere has a bad reputation.. I'm an hr from closest dealer so can't afford to monkey around with nickel and dime repairs.. your thoughts??

Last edited:
   / Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? #2  
Why have you posted in code?

Last edited:
   / Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? #3  
Japanese.

/ Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? #4  
Why have you posted in code?

When I read the OP I wondered what are you saying or asking? Then I read this post and wondered there is a section on "CODE" here? Then I understood, yep in code.

cav, the numbers you used and the way you asked these no doubts makes sense to you but to at least myself those numbers mean nothing. Too many companies out there to keep up with their numbers on tractors. But will make a comment or two which may be way off base.

Since you are asking about Japanese or India made tractors you probably are taking about smaller tractors and they make many of those tractors and often does not matter the brand on them. If you are trying to compare US brands to those brands you might need to find out they are made there. To me a better question would be do they make a better tractor then China or Korea and will only say my Japanese Kubotas have been good to me. No experience with India, Korean or China made and have seen few of those three counties here.

As to the nickel and dime repairs you may find most people here perform the nickel and dime repairs ourselves and do not haul a tractor even if dealer is 5 miles away.

/ Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? #5  
Some John Deere tractors are made with their specifications, tooling and guidance in India. Would they be as well built as American made tractors? I don't see why not.

/ Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors?
   / Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? #7  
Deere has manufacturing facilities world wide. They became the leviathan they are due to meeting their customer needs and supporting their products over a long period of time. Kubota continues to grow offering excellent products and support over many different products. I would not be afraid of either companies products going forward. I purchased an Indian manufactured New Holland last year and have had zero issues. Like Deere they have manufacturing plants worldwide and support their products well. My most convenient dealer carries New Holland, Kubota, and Mahindra. I bought the Workmaster because it met my needs best. I would have had no issues purchasing a Kubota or Mahindra either.

/ Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? #8  
I would say, that Kubota is selling its own paint. They make what they sell, And have great resale value. Other manufacturers contract out the manufacturing. I like my Kubota, and have had zero issues with it.

/ Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? #9  
Some John Deere tractors are made with their specifications, tooling and guidance in India. Would they be as well built as American made tractors? I don't see why not.

In the sub 100 hp class, I doubt there are any American built tractors.

/ Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? #10  
Still not exactly sure what the tie-in is between your post title and the actual post text. :confused: What exactly are you asking?

Can the Japanese or Indians build better tractors? Absolutely, they could. So could the Koreans and Chinese. However, the overall quality of their products is directly related to what the market is willing to buy. As long as people are willing to continue buying "good enough," then that's what they'll continue to build. Better quality comes at a cost, though. Extreme example: you'll never get Mercedes-level engineering, materials, or workmanship from a Yugo.