Buying Advice Buying Mahindra 1526HST..... almost

/ Buying Mahindra 1526HST..... almost #1  

Rama89

Tractor
N/A
Hello everyone,

I have been doing a lot of research on tractors lately with most of it being here on TBN. The one thing I have noticed is that the tractor itself (in most cases) is almost not as important as the dealer. So I am buying with a basis on the dealer rather than the brand.

This has lead me to a local Mahindra dealer (local here is within an hour) that has offered the following:
1526HST with loader and backhoe for $24,254
or
with rebates
1526HST With loader and backhoe, thumb, grader box and rear scraper blade for $24,689.

Oh, they also offered an 18 foot trailer to tote it around for $2499.00

These are of course prior to sales tax.

So I guess my question is, what do you think of price?

I had another dealer trying to sell me an LS, they were just about an hour away also but I just didn't get a good feeling from them.

This dealer I am working with has told me of others that have purchased from them (with permission of course) for me to talk to about sales, after the sales and how issues were resolved.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Dave

/ Buying Mahindra 1526HST..... almost #2  
Its probably a 16 ft , 7000 lb trailer . You will find it a bit small and not heavy enough

/ Buying Mahindra 1526HST..... almost #3  
When I was shopping, the price I had for 1526 HST TLB was 23000 and they told me the price was going up and 3 months later, yes it did to around what you have and that was 6 months ago So, yeah to me 24254 is a respectable price.

My dealer is also an hour away. And although there is a Kubota dealer 20 minutes away, not only were they more expensive but they started talking about additional costs like documentation fees and registration and stuff like that, so...

Last edited:
   / Buying Mahindra 1526HST..... almost
I suppose an update is in order. As of today I signed the papers on the Mahindra 1526HST with loader, backhoe (thumb too), 9" post hole digger and box blade. They have most things in stock but not the post hole digger or the thumb. I think within a week or two I will have all items delivered. The dealer was very easy to work with and I suppose only time will tell for service.

/ Buying Mahindra 1526HST..... almost #5  
Hello everyone,

I have been doing a lot of research on tractors lately with most of it being here on TBN. The one thing I have noticed is that the tractor itself (in most cases) is almost not as important as the dealer. So I am buying with a basis on the dealer rather than the brand.

Dave

Not to derail your thread but this is one thing I have never understood!! I have 4 Kubotas and have not needed the dealer one time in the 7 years I have started purchasing the tractors other than buying SUDT2.

/ Buying Mahindra 1526HST..... almost
So I am about a week away from getting my new tractor. I am wanting a trailer to put this new toy/tool on and the dealer is of course showing me what they have. Now I know this is a thread for tractors but without a trailer I will not be able to take it from place to place. Does anyone know of anyplace to look or good used? I am in Maine so the choices are somewhat limited and pricey.