Buying Advice If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor?

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #1  

bulldog81

Tractor
LS
I'm going to look at LS tractors today. I am thinking about a XR3037.

There is an XR3037C at one dealer with a loader, LMC 5ft rotary cutter, and box blade for $21995.
Another dealer has an XR3037H for $19,500 with just a loader.

Either one can get me a XR3135CH (I don't thing the 3037 is still made) but it's around 25K give or take. That's a little more than I want to spend. I am also going to buy a commercial ZTR or I would spend more.

I am closing on a house with 20 acres on the 17th. Ten acres are cleared around the house. There is 10 acres of woods behind the cleared section. There is already a decent size clearing through the woods with a deer blind and a few established trails.

If you had to choose cab or hydrostat and not both which would you opt for? Pic of the property:

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #2  
For my uses "cab" hands down.I do have both a cab+HST though.As long as the cab has Air conditioning ,just a fish bowl with-out it.I am thinking about moving up in HP so a Cab+manual shift are my only options.

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #3  
For my uses "cab" hands down.I do have both a cab+HST though.As long as the cab has Air conditioning ,just a fish bowl with-out it.I am thinking about moving up in HP so a Cab+manual shift are my only options.
My thoughts exactly. I am assuming that Mobile is in Alabama, where it is hot most of the time and cold for you is any temperature below 40F. Cab with air is a must!

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #4  
I too would choose the cab. Looks like you will be doing a fair amount of mowing in the hot summer sun, I don't think you will regret having ac and a radio while doing the work.

Just be alert for tree limbs in the woods.

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #5  
We have both on our 3135, and I wouldn't want to give up either. I guess the only serious consideration you might have is how much time you'll spend with it in the woods. Tree branches and glass are ancient enemies.

Good-looking property. Congrats.

... and welcome to TBN!

Be sure to post lots of pictures when you finally decide and bring one home. :tractor:

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #6  
I've chosen open station for the two tractors I've owned. I live in NE WA state and while it does get hot/summer & cold/winter - we don't have the humidity and I don't use a rotary cutter. I fear the damage I would do to a cab with all my pine trees and I just plain like being out in the fresh air.

However - if I did a lot of bush hogging and lived where its hot and humid - well, that's a different story.

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #7  
3 years from now... whichever you choose... you will wish you had sucked it up and chosen BOTH.

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #8  
When is a manufacturer going to come out with 70-80 HP and HST?

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #9  
Because of your location cab hands down...but than again doing fel work HST sure nice.

/ If you could only choose hydro or cab what option would you choose for your tractor? #10  
I chose 3 years ago for a XR3037HC cab with HST and wouldn't be without either. For my uses I want HST for repetitive forward / backward motion without having to shift. Also wanted the cab so I heat in winter and A/C in summer.
I suppose if I had to choose between the two options I'd opt for the cab without HST but I didn't have to.