B7610 a good price?

/ B7610 a good price? #1  

jodebg

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B-2650
I have a friend who is looking for a TLB.
There is a B7610 for sale with a Curtis cab and only 148 hours. Looks
to be in very nice shape. Seller is asking 17,500.

Three questions:
Is the price too high?
Is he better off with a newer BX series TLB?
How does the BX series compare with the B7610?
(size, performance, capacities, etc..)

One consideration is that he's a big guy.

/ B7610 a good price? #2  
That price seems high, but the cab certainly adds value. MSRP on a BX25D-1 is 20,336. A cab is another 4K or so for a BX. The new BX platform is actually more roomy than the old old B one, but I've no experience with the B7610. Also, the BX23S, the newest small TLB, seems to be a nice ergonomic upgrade even from the last gen BX25D-1, if the articles I've read are accurate.

The BX25D and B7610 weigh about the same, bare tractor to bare tractor. The B can lift about 400 more on the three point.

/ B7610 a good price? #3  
That machine is for sale 20 minutes from me. After selling my B7610 that add popped up.

Im 5'10" 265. Operator station was ok, but getting on and off could be cumbersome in logger boots and FR pants. If your friend is 6'2" or more, he might want to look at a B20 or newer B50 series. Wider platforms.

That machine has a cab, with a backhoe with its own seat, mighty cramped I bet...

I looked at a new BX25D and immediately felt the platform was more roomy. Same for new BX23S.

My B7610 had an LA352 loader. It could lift 30% more than a BX series. The 3pt can lift a little over a thousand pounds compared to the BX at 680 lbs.

The aftermarket is massive for the BX25D and non-existent for the older Bs.

/ B7610 a good price? #4  
I have a friend who is looking for a TLB.
There is a B7610 for sale with a Curtis cab and only 148 hours. Looks
to be in very nice shape. Seller is asking 17,500.

Three questions:
Is the price too high?
Is he better off with a newer BX series TLB?
How does the BX series compare with the B7610?
(size, performance, capacities, etc..)

One consideration is that he's a big guy.

I've a B7610 w/ Woods BH70-X backhoe. (in my avatar)
I'm 6'2" and hefty now, summer weight is about 235.
With size 13 boots the deck is a little cramped.
My Son who is 6'4" and slim has the same "foot space problem" but we both run it well.

B7610's have been holding their value very well.
They have more clearance than a BX.
You don't say what model backhoe is on it. If it's the Kubota offering I'd say the price is a little high but low hours offset that.

/ B7610 a good price?
Thanks for the information. He is probably 6-3" and roundish. Sounds as if a another model will be in his favor.
He may get stuck.:)

Last edited: