Looking for riding mower

/ Looking for riding mower #1  

irish88

Tractor
cub cadet/ sears
Hi folks. I hope you can point me to right machine. I had two tractors are 30 yrs old and point of not worth fixing. A Cub cadet 50 inch mower with burning engine and leaky hydro seal.. a Sears gt3000 with a dying transaxal gearbox.
So I am looking at a 48 inch mower Cub cadet xt2 models, John Deere 300 models and Husqvarna. I noticed the kabota is very pricey.
I am looking for a quality mower to last a long time. I am avoiding big box stores types.

/ Looking for riding mower #2  
Last year I bought a John Deere X590 garden tractor to handle what I call the inner perimeter of my property which is one acre of lawn around the house, guest house, and barn. I have some tight spots so opted for the 48" deck with HDAP tires. I love it.

I cross shopped zero turn mowers but ultimately decided to go with the garden tractor because it's a multi use machine that can tow a dump cart and blow snow. I read a lot of horror stories about the smaller transaxles failing and the X590 had a beefier K72 transaxle which was more reassuring.

It will also soon be used to tow a small chicken tractor.

I only have 25 hours on it but so far it's been great. And my wife has adapted well to it so I can handle the field work while she mows the lawn.

/ Looking for riding mower #3  
Kubota BX1880!

I'll see myself out.

Seriously, get a unit with a good transaxle, like the K72.

What's your budget?

/ Looking for riding mower #4  
I just concluded a *long* shopping experience for a riding mower/lawn tractor. I narrowed it down to a Deere x380 or Husqvarna GT48DXLS.

The Husky is a new model for 2017. It's what I bought. It has a 24hp Kawasaki engine, K66 transaxle, and electric locking differential. Seemingly much more competitive than earlier Husky's that had different or lesser engine/trans combinations. And seems very well suited when compared to the competition.

/ Looking for riding mower #5  
Interested to see what is posted also. I'm in the same position. Looking at the XT2 also.

/ Looking for riding mower #6  
I have been happy with a 42 inch Husqvarna riding lawn mower. We have had that for about 8 years and no issue other than routine maintenance, and once had to change the ignition switch. I also have a Husqvarna chain saw and also like that. So, as a brand that seems dependable and well built you may want to consider Husqvarna. I know that it is a brand I would not hesitate to buy. I think they may also make certain other brands but not sure about that.

/ Looking for riding mower #7  
I replaced a 20 year old JD 170 two years ago with a JD 324x. I love the 4 wheel steering for getting around trees and landscaping. Mine has a 48" deck with a blower. When the grass was heavy with the 170 I was clearing a clogged chute way more often than I wanted to be, the new mower the chute only clogs when I don't pay attention and fill the grass bags (packed all the way to the top of the lid!). So far very happy with it, quiet with plenty of power (24 HP Kawasaki V twin).

/ Looking for riding mower
Kubota BX1880!

I'll see myself out.

Seriously, get a unit with a good transaxle, like the K72.

What's your budget?

$2300.00-2500.00

I just concluded a *long* shopping experience for a riding mower/lawn tractor. I narrowed it down to a Deere x380 or Husqvarna GT48DXLS.

The Husky is a new model for 2017. It's what I bought. It has a 24hp Kawasaki engine, K66 transaxle, and electric locking differential. Seemingly much more competitive than earlier Husky's that had different or lesser engine/trans combinations. And seems very well suited when compared to the competition.

that what I am hearing about.. totaly differnt.. like the husky package...... hows it cut? any issues?

I replaced a 20 year old JD 170 two years ago with a JD 324x. I love the 4 wheel steering for getting around trees and landscaping. Mine has a 48" deck with a blower. When the grass was heavy with the 170 I was clearing a clogged chute way more often than I wanted to be, the new mower the chute only clogs when I don't pay attention and fill the grass bags (packed all the way to the top of the lid!). So far very happy with it, quiet with plenty of power (24 HP Kawasaki V twin).

intersting.. how much that one cost?